The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Our world is your world...and vice versa.

A sawmill is cool...I'm sure you know that some of our guys here do milling...from Peter with the "normal" trees he runs into all the way to Rico who fells monster redwoods and mills them.

Keep us posted on your milling. A bandmill sounds pretty cool to me.

I was watching some of the videos posted by Rico11764. Such awesome work. Not only bringing down the redwood trees, but the Lucas mill he has is awesome. Wish I had access to trees like that. Most of my stuff will be urban trees, usually short sections since most urban trees tend to have branches or crotches lower down. Work with what you got!

I was watching some of the videos posted by Rico11764. Such awesome work. Not only bringing down the redwood trees, but the Lucas mill he has is awesome. Wish I had access to trees like that. Most of my stuff will be urban trees, usually short sections since most urban trees tend to have branches or crotches lower down. Work with what you got!

crotches can have the most character.

G.P.! G.P.!
Okay, you've invoked my presence!
(My plan is to use the FK user account like a "brand account" for Forest Keepers, with the work pics & videos flying under that flag. This user profile with be more personal in nature and represent me specifically, not the company generally. Hope that doesn't sound like a split personality disorder or anything! Just a way to keep the business represented and the person separated!)

Hi everyone ��
New old member, JonnyHart here, it's been years.
Looking forward to reconnecting with some old friends and getting to know everyone else.

Hi guy's, good to read you, and thanks for the welcome!

Are you still in the Military???

No, honorable discharge back in 2006, about 4 months after I had come home. Really has been a while.

I feel like a dick for leaving in the first place, and I really don't have much reason or excuse for doing it in the first place.

Hahaha! Thanks for the avatar Butch! Sloppy ass soldier with a wrinkled uniform and long hair.

Hey everybody my name is brad I live in far north california. Moved up here a year ago from southern Humboldt county ca. Thanks for a great place to hangout that's not facebook. I have a LOT of questions about contract climbing in California- Oregon. If anyone has experience with this area let me know. Now I'm off to climb a monster and cut off it head. I'll check back at lunch. Thanks again guys

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Brad! Make yourself at home!

Wouldn't it be something if all those other social media sites became passe and people returned to the old school forums? Hell yea! :beer:

Don't be shy about filling out your profile, Brad... let us get to know you!

Welcome. I would suspect there's a number of members here who would know the lowdown for that neck of the woods. If you don't get much response here maybe start a thread with a bunch of your questions laid out.

Northern cali sounds nice. I saw a snowplow truck here today.

Back