Page 6420 of 6429 FirstFirst ... 5420592063206370641064186419642064216422 ... LastLast
Results 64,191 to 64,200 of 64290

Thread: How'd it go today?

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Luck to you, Sean. Don't dither, handsome ladies don't go unattended long, if I recall correctly .

Unless there are mitigating issues .

Good looks are not always the strongest indicator of good partner potential...I have observed over the last 50 some years .
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

Student of the Jedi Sponsor treebilly's Avatar

Well I took off from the 4th to the 11th. From Monday on my tendinitis flared up in my left wrist. Ibuprofen and ice is helping but still hurts like hell. Other than that things are great. The boy turned three today and is having a blast playing with his new log truck and crane. Fried up a big sirloin and onions while the wife made baked potatoes and a cucumber salad for dinner. Life is good
    -Rich

I taxied 4 adolescent girls to 7-11 for Free Slurpee Day. One of the joys of fatherhood is the heroic deeds you can accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by treebilly View Post
    From Monday on my tendinitis flared up in my left wrist. Ibuprofen and ice is helping but still hurts like hell.
    Try a velcro wrist wrap, and acupuncture, and massage, and stretching, and strengthening that doesn't aggravate it. Maybe a chiropractor or similar, too
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Ryan....yeoman duty!!

Helping them be kids....good stuff!!

Father on.....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Try a velcro wrist wrap, and acupuncture, and massage, and stretching, and strengthening that doesn't aggravate it. Maybe a chiropractor or similar, too
    When the inflammation goes down, consider if a rubber band over fingers and thumb, to work extensor muscles might help. Push-ups to warm up always helped climber's elbow when rock climbing. Tendonitis sucks.

Are you having to cut and chuck a lot?

If I'm not snap-cutting, or whatnot, and have dynamic forces while cutting, I peel stuff a lot. Let the tree fibers absorb the force, amap.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Student of the Jedi Sponsor treebilly's Avatar

Not much cut and throw these days. I’ve adapted to working differently because of my shoulders. They feel great now. I have a slight grinding feeling in my wrist and the top side of my forearm is swollen a bit. Pain hits with certain movements, mostly thumb related. Actually it only grinds with the thumb moving. Prolly from these damn smart phones. I shall sue Apple
    -Rich

Have you been to a PT or sports medicine person?

Yay, Fix-a-flat, truck size! Went in for groceries, came out to a hissing chipper tire. Already late in the day, started on the job a bit late. Limped it home.

When I went to fill the tire fully at the gas station a 1/4 miles away, the first Fix-a-flat seal blew out, but I could stop with the hole down while waiting to go, and got to an auto parts store for more Fix-a-flat (back-up and restock).
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Well it could have been transmission fluid
    Yup....
    It's been a week.
    Dead pressure pump so sponge bathing till it arrives.
    Yesterday, a leak somewhere in front of the 4x4.
    There is a list. But those were the bigger two events.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.