Page 6289 of 6497 FirstFirst ... 5289578961896239627962876288628962906291629963396389 ... LastLast
Results 62,881 to 62,890 of 64965

Thread: How'd it go today?

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I will keep my eyes/ears open for one. What about the rods. I've heard something about them going bad with storage. Is it possible to keep them good for long periods of time? The bit of welding I did with a stick welder decades ago seemed....hard. My mig seems easier but I believe what you're saying about penetration and all that. I am finding nothing very local. Nothing in the USA is really close enough to classified shop for me. Bellingham is about 5.5hrs one way from me. I will keep an eye out though locally. I'm sure they come up. Asking at work is a good idea too.

Also curious with my little machine do you think a gasless wire would be better for welding/repairing exhaust under a vehicle than gas wire?

Eh, muffler work is all about the same, but flux core is way worse than normal hardwire. Dual shield is a special kind of flux core that needs a shielding gas, but it works out of position very well and will do very heavy fast welds with superior metallurgy, but it needs amps. Rods will last a very long time with a little bit of care, and will depend if you have an ac or dc machine which ones you will use. I find an ammo can works superbly, and can even be stored outside.
    Kyle

Why do I love welding threads??
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Hey, who doesn't!!!

Took the kid to school. Wrecked a split locust. Picked her up and took the kid to Aerial and Circus class. Dinner at the Bayview deli, downtown Olympia, looking out at the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. No cooking. No dishes. Both of us were famished. Rolled home and lit the fire.

Had another tree on house job come in. EZPZ.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Aerial and Circus class? Sounds cool for a kid!!!

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

Going today for a massage followed by a chiropractic treatment. All paid for by my work benefits. Gotta keep those plywood producers lumber, errr....limber I mean.

Amazes me how many guys I work with never use their benefits. Like never year after year.

One less split locust trunk from yesterday's one less locust on house, and one less fir on a house.

Bid half an oak down from the snow for a sugar momma with a younger BBC. The neighbor has a massive, ganoderma-infected maple, lucking with an open dropzone under the tree(s). It could be 4 monster maples grown into one MegaMaple. Easily 100', which is tall for bigleaf maples. I saw it from far away, over the fence, and it was still huge. Might bid its removal...been on the 5 year plan for 3 years, I hear. Super snow storms speed up timelines.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

I saw Merle at an awesome structure pruning class run by Ed Gilman and Brian Kempf and Mark Chisholm...

Saw a lot of people actually.

Woulda liked that class, and people.