How'd it go today?

Just helped a cat get unstuck from a union in my favorite tree. There were a few small suckers keeping her pinned down. Got her out.

Can you spot the stuck kitty in this picture?

This cat was crying like a lil' bitch, so I sprang into action, and the birds on the lowest limb, out of frame on the right (some Rock Doves) were laughing at her audibly!

I have a habit of yelling loudly anytime I see a cat about to pounce on a bird needlessly in my apartment complex, in an attempt to mess up their efforts at murder. Didn't have to this time. Her own cries of desperation were enough to alert the Rock Doves and they scattered as soon as I approached to help the cat.

I think senseless aviary homicide is terrible, but leaving a cat stuck is even worse.

She was ungrateful and turned tail, and ran away. Showered my hands and arms with isopropanol because you never know what a cat has touched.

PXL_20240424_164416198.jpg

Last edited:
I've got ants getting in my house. Dawn dish soap and wster in a plant mister takes them out in seconds. This morning I found a crew of large ants carrying away the dead ones I had left in the sink last night. A little research and I learned that they were undertaker ants assigned to clean up the dead to protect the colony. Very interesting, I just wish they would colonize somewhere else.

I get little ants in my kitchen. Not every year, just most years. Lots of rain drives them in the house, and they stay. I don't use chemicals. One year I thought I'd keep wiping them up with a damp rag, and I'd run out of ants after awhile. Thousands of ants defeated, thousands more kept coming. Never saw even a slight decline. I now live with them when they come in. Keep food they like where they can't get to it, and think happy thoughts when I see my counter moving.

Ya don't get ants in the winter. Just sayin'...

Frustrating day at work. Office oissed me off so I made the day miserable for one of them. He had to come out to my job and set up an app and then do everything for it and then come out after we finished so he could finish it up. I’m not a tech guy and I’m not about to try to figure it out on the fly. Also I warned them about working for these people ( not the homeowners) and that I’ve never heard anything good about them. Not getting into names but I think all these kind of companies are scum.
My boy is starting the pre test stage for getting his yellow belt in karate this week. I’m perfectly content getting my ass handed to me in BJJ. I was told I’m a very frustrating opponent because all I do is play defense. I’ll slip a triangle in once in a while or occasionally a good choke. Anyhow I’m enjoying it still. A great way to end a less than stellar day.

I've got ants getting in my house. Dawn dish soap and wster in a plant mister takes them out in seconds. This morning I found a crew of large ants carrying away the dead ones I had left in the sink last night. A little research and I learned that they were undertaker ants assigned to clean up the dead to protect the colony. Very interesting, I just wish they would colonize somewhere else.
Coffee grounds will make them move. Won't kill them, but they'll move.

I had to edit spelling. Why autocorrect decided to turn Coffee into Congealed is beyond me...

Last edited:
Sugar & borax water on saucers helps get rid of ants. It draws them in, they drink it, and die in a few hours. Hopefully they take some back for the queen. I think it's 15-30% borax, the rest sugar, and dissolve it in warm water.

Depends on the ants. There's sugar ants and grease ants. They also seem to catch on fast when food gives them indigestion, and they start to ignore it.

Back