How'd it go today?

That was actually my son's shirt for football. Please expound on the trespassing story. I think we are all guilty of that one, almost daily.

most people are cool. i had a customer with a nut case neighbor, worst person i ever met, i have now bid and won a job on the other side of this nut job! good luck darin, hopfully hes just blowing smoke!

A brake line blew out on my truck today. I hit the brake pedal and my foot went all the way to the floor.:\:

Fortunately, I was really close to my mechanics yard so I dropped it off there. Thank goodness I have a manual or I wouldn't have made it.

Time to pump up the tires on my bicycle!

Things are busy. I think March has been my busiest work month in Tanager Tree Service history. I also had the cops called on me last night for trespassing. later as I was raking up two squad cars came. Things got a little nutty. More on that later.

I am so excited for you!

A little surprised that in Boise people would call the cops for getting on their lawn unless it was a neighbor not liking neighbor issue. Looking forward to that story.

Wow, that's really creepy. :what:

I won't deny that....

Today was welding at 9:30, got 18 burn marks accounted for, went to the zoo...er.... DMV and registered the truck, Public Speaking was canceled, so I made my way downtown and paid the personal property tax so I could get a city decal for it, came home, check in on ma, went to class, decided on what was for dinner, picked up the truck, put in more gas, came home, ate, took photos of the truck, and here I am, with the daily re-cap. :)

Holy crap :O . I just got off the phone with my dad (to clarify I have two dads) who lives in Calgary and was on his way over here with my two nephews and a 90pd shepperd. I was starting to get a little worried cause they were getting to be overdue to arrive. Well long story short my dad and nephews are OK but the truck and his boat that they were hauling are a write-off. Hit some black ice went across four lanes of traffic and rolled down about a 20' bank and into some trees. He said the boat went flying off the trailer when it got caught up in a sign as they were going over the bank. Nice 24' older Reinell that my dad has owned and babied for fifteen years :( . Everyone is okay though which is the lucky part not even a scratch or a bruise he said couldn't beleive it (dog was unharmed as well in the cab unbuckled). They ended up on the roof and he said the boys were hanging upside down in their belts the 13 year old laughing and the 8 year old crying.

Holy crap :O . I just got off the phone with my dad (to clarify I have two dads) who lives in Calgary and was on his way over here with my two nephews and a 90pd shepperd. I was starting to get a little worried cause they were getting to be overdue to arrive. Well long story short my dad and nephews are OK but the truck and his boat that they were hauling are a write-off. Hit some black ice went across four lanes of traffic and rolled down about a 20' bank and into some trees. He said the boat went flying off the trailer when it got caught up in a sign as they were going over the bank. Nice 24' older Reinell that my dad has owned and babied for fifteen years :( . Everyone is okay though which is the lucky part not even a scratch or a bruise he said couldn't beleive it (dog was unharmed as well in the cab unbuckled). They ended up on the roof and he said the boys were hanging upside down in their belts the 13 year old laughing and the 8 year old crying.
The first two words say it all... HOLY CRAP ! I'm really glad they're o.k.
Condolences on the boat :(

Yah it's all good, no one got hurt that's the important part. Truck and boat are insured so no biggie. Only problem was I was looking forward to visiting with those maniacs, now the trip is cancelled and they're back in Calgary :( .

I played with Tom's new toy today,55 ft Altec.That thing sure is different from those Hi-Rangers I'm used to ,nice truck.As it turns out my camera woman,Mrs. Smith wasn't familiar with this camera so the shot is of Tom,taken by me.I didn't quite trim the tree to suit him so he finished it.Oh yes,I did run his 200 T,that also is a nice saw.I hate to admit it but I do believe it is better than my 30 year old Poulan S-25.;)

went fine here, pruned for about an hour this morning then went for a drive. stopped in at a park and caught a nice view window of some local hills with a bit of snow on them from the last few days of cooler weather.

that and the hail on my patio last night.

Hmm,those pictures look a lot like some Mike Acres sent me a few years ago.Well,come to think of it they should,tis the same place,ha.Nice country ,over yonder.:)

A little surprised that in Boise people would call the cops for getting on their lawn unless it was a neighbor not liking neighbor issue. Looking forward to that story.

Its was the typical crazy neighbor thing. I did make an error of judgment by going across the front corner of the neighbors lawn. It was in a well to do subdivision and there were no fences between lawns. As I drove across the lawn, the neighbor ran out yelling very excitable informing me that I was trespassing. I apologized and kept going forward as at that point it was the quickest way off his property. He started yelling "THAT WAY! BACK TO THE SIDEWALK!" I complied and apologized again. Unfortunately it was one of those nice white paved sidewalks that gets scuffed up quickly and I had to jack back in forth to make the turn which left some horrendous skid marks.

As I started grinding stumps, the neighbor came out and started taking pictures of me, my truck and the skid marks. My customer came out and saw what was going on. He went over to the neighbor as he was photographing the skid marks and offered to scrub them off to no effect. The crazy neighbor just kept taking pictures. At that point the only funny thing happened when my customer, Frank ran in his house and got his camera and ran over take pictures of the neighbor taking pictures.

"Hey you crazy son of a bitch, how about I take some pictures of you?" he yelled as the crazy neighbor yelped and ran back in his house.

Evidently, they have had many run ins with that neighbor, including him accusing the mom of stalking him, accusing them of poisoning his trees (the State came out on three separate occasions and tested his trees and determined they were being over watered). Things had been quiet until my untimely visit. The crazy neighbor and his wife never have visitors and are seldom seen outside their house. They work for Micron in the clean room during the graveyard shift and hide from the world when they are not working.

As I raked up the grindings two squad cars came and took my information and spoke with the neighbor at length. They tried to talk him out of pressing charges but he insisted which makes them obligated to hand it over to the district attorney's office. They said they wouldn't worry too much if they were me.

I am not worried but I do have a friend who is a lawyer who needs tree work done and has worked for both the D.A.'s Office and as a public defender.

Back