Page 4735 of 6085 FirstFirst ... 373542354635468547254733473447354736473747454785483552355735 ... LastLast
Results 47,341 to 47,350 of 60850

Thread: How'd it go today?

What's the maximum number of lowering points you've ever used to drift a big log/limb sideways to a distant LZ?

Three's my max to travel about 75 feet laterally, losing about 40 feet in height along the way. Took two Hobbs and three really good groundies to pull off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

TreeHouser

removed a small umbrella tree, monstereo plant and a privet all underneath a massive hoop pine.The tree was 2.5-3m diameter at a guess (I forgot to bring a tape measure as I didn't know how big the tree was) the height was 20-30 meters tall. Sorry no photos of the tree

Jomo, I don't really understand what you mean.
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Me either. Sounds like a trick though. I on the other-hand smashed the eve of a house yesterday. Tree on house, no good rigging points, tried to rig to a doghair that was too far away. Rope at 100' in a 140' Fir. The darned rigging tree just bent over about 10'. Shoulda pre-tensioned the line with the GRCS. Couldn't rope log to itself cause there wasn't enough space between the roof and the log, and the wood was too big to hadle manually.

No pics cause we had no internet yesterday... too many trees knocking out the lines!!

It was funny, the homeowner was out there watching the whole time... he wasn't even pissed.

Sounds like a fun day Jed.

Don't see many Hoop Pines around here Wood Collector, that sounds like a big one. Watch out for those monstera's they can make you pretty itchy but you may know that by now.

Had a rest day, it's been a busy week and it's Saturday anyway. Packed a bit more stuff, not too much more. Well there maybe a bit more.

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Steve, how did you manage to hook into being busy so quickly after relocating. Did you have something cooking before the move?
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

I'm still here in Sydney, been up and back but won't be going for a bit yet. Still got things to do here so I'm doing as much work as I can get to some money in. Going to need it.

Square peg, round world. Dave Shepard's Avatar

Poured a slab for the sawmill yesterday. Ran short by a bit, but the driver was able to radio another truck that had enough plus about a wheelbarrow leftover. Now I just have to wait a little longer to bolt the mill down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151212_073406068.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	359.2 KB 
ID:	65613

TreeHouser Sponsor SouthSoundTree-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Me either. Sounds like a trick though. I on the other-hand smashed the eve of a house yesterday. Tree on house, no good rigging points, tried to rig to a doghair that was too far away. Rope at 100' in a 140' Fir. The darned rigging tree just bent over about 10'. Shoulda pre-tensioned the line with the GRCS. Couldn't rope log to itself cause there wasn't enough space between the roof and the log, and the wood was too big to hadle manually.

No pics cause we had no internet yesterday... too many trees knocking out the lines!!

It was funny, the homeowner was out there watching the whole time... he wasn't even pissed.
    An eve is nothing compared to a hole in the roof, letting in water. Get it dry and the builders will repair it all, at the same cost to him, no? Maybe he's even getting more, in a way.
    Sean

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

That looks good Dave! Will it be enclosed eventually?

The old mill next to me was open air, but it was 50 yards long!
    There are but two seasons. Winter, and preparing for winter.
    Jim