How'd it go today?

Butch, are you speaking to moi ?
I preview my pix, they seem to be O.K. ?
I tol' you'z guyz, you gotta tell me how to do it ?
Honest to friggin' Christos, I make no pretense of "know-how"... ye gotta LEAD ME !!!

e

Of course,most likely I'm going to have to tuter these fellows in ground falling methods.One must remember they are used to disassembling a tree in a back yard.Of which they do a great job.

Hey Al,
When I read what you said, I realized how on track you are in that.
My personal experiance is rigging out wood from a tight area.
In the area I learned to climb in, the terrain is all steep hills, very expensive homes, 32" gate to a half acre backyard, every single twig roped down. A 6'X6' drop zone is normal not the exception.
The Oakland/Berkeley CA. hills are stuffed with big old Monteray Pines and Eucs. installed 30+ years ago. Also the influx of money makes for a good market to go in and try to do it right.

BUT, now that I have moved into a more rural area, I found out that felling trees is normal. Let me tell you, my confidance took a nose dive after trying to fell trees and not having that 'certain' feeling I have with roping.
It took alot of learning and let me tell you (you already know) a steep learning curve.
I still dont feel confidant, got alot to learn. My friends like Gerry Baranek do things that freak me out! Never in my wildest dreams would I drop a tree like Gerry does. for him, just in a days work. I bet that bastards heart beat does not even change . For me, major life changes. More hair falling outta my head, you get the idea...
so anyways, thanks for posting that. I am glad I am not alone with your buddies who know roping but not felling. They are lucky to have you around.
Frans

Greenhorn, dude, you gotta get rid of that groundie...

I got my old cast off, x-rays look good, and a new one on for another four months...

hate to complain but this heat really SUCKS, and I'm getting lots of calls-wish they would wait till fall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't believe I'm only good for one big oak trim before I'm wore plum slap out. I gotta get in better shape before next summer, for damn sure. Lordy!

My days going well,biggest month profits to date and im sitting at home couldnt be better.

We had an outage this morning for 1.5 spans. You get a good indication of how strong those lines are when you get them flopping like loose guitar strings.

Today: 2 80ft spruce, 1 large green ash, and 2 old mtn ash today (haul all and grind stumps)......................4 guys, da lift and 1 mini, home by 4:30.

Yesterday: 4 80ft spruce (leave a moutain of firewood for the homeowners and grind stumps), 3 guys, da lift and 1 mini, home by 5:30.

I don't know what I ever did without a mini with Dave's grapple and rake combo. Now I don't leave home without them!

Here ya be Brian. I have to take some new pics, too busy working to take pics though, been short staffed lately..............flu bug going around.

These pics are from a job we did a month or so ago..................1st time using the rake and grapple.

I can't believe you used the bucket on that little bitty Spruce... :P

I can't believe you used the bucket on that little bitty Spruce... :P

We did 3 neighbors in a row that morning...........couldn't flop that one because of the holiday trailer parked in the driveway..........only took 15-20 min with the lift and mini though.

I have been traveling today....up to North Carolina in Treelookers neck of the woods. Got to see my daughter play softball, go shopping and had dinner at The Olive Garden. You have to make the most of a trip to the maiinland, back to the islands tomorrow.

Sounds like you spent a good time, V. >>> That's the way to capitalise on the time @ hand, grlfrnd !!!
Hey, did Palmer go along with ???
Today was real picky hand pruning of small ornamentals, & I was happy w/ the outcome. Equally important, my customer was happy, too !
TGIF, comin' our way !!! <working the weekend>

If you have one why wouldnt you use it?

I wuz in the same hood as JH Hart, big tree co. in my neck o' the woods.
3 man crew, bucket, chipper, etc.
Bunch of shirtless blokes (hey, I don't mind, but...), wandering around by the look of it. I could be wrong.
They were on the property of a ranch-style home that had trees no higher than the roof line of the house ???
It had to have cost atleast $450 just to have them show up. WTF did they actually do on this job to justify all that ? I'll never know.
Gotta keep up appearances, I s'pose. Utter BS in my book.

Yeah the goverment is giving me 2k to install L.P.G so no biggie

Buckets ARE a good advertisment,if i was to buy one that would be the main reason.

Back