How'd it go today?

I'm 37. I aim to hit 40 fit, and keep it. Reckon it might stop me being quite so stiff in 25 years time.
I've been training for 2 months now, and the muscle building is going real well, but the aerobic fitness is harder than it ever used to be, and hampered by a touch of asthma. Hence the high intensity sprint work.

Good to take you off the 'worried about' list, Ed, there was that pick awhile ago where you had appeared to...ah..let yourself go a bit. Keep it up, 37 is still quite young.

I'm feeling my age today. Yesterday I was riding my horse across the property with just a halter and saddle, my bridle/bit was over where my wife was. Well he took me for one hell of a rodeo ride. Never got me off but something pulled in my groin, sucking the hind tit all day at work today and now I'm sorer than hell. Sucks.

Well Ed and all it's a lot easier to keep it than lose it and fight to get it back .

I'm a tad older than the rest of you and I know from experiance how it goes .By mid summer I'll be in pretty good shape again but come come winter fall apart once again from sitting by the fire side in nasty weather .Let me tell you father time works on you .

I'm feeling my age today. Yesterday I was riding my horse across the property with just a halter and saddle, my bridle/bit was over where my wife was. Well he took me for one hell of a rodeo ride. Never got me off but something pulled in my groin, sucking the hind tit all day at work today and now I'm sorer than hell. Sucks.

When I was a kid we had a couple horses. One was an American Saddlehorse, kinda of high spirited and a bit of an a-hole. He was out in the pasture and hadn't been ridden in months. I was young and dumb (about 16) and jumped on him with no saddle or bridle. He tried the rodeo jump and twirl - that didn't work. Then he tried the go fast, stop, and put his head down. I was sliding down his neck and twisting sideways, so I grabbed his ear to pull myself upright. He said uncle after that, so it was no fun anymore. Wouldn't think of trying it today. The neighbor has a couple horses she is afraid to ride. I have been tempted, but came to my senses.

Horse story which I lack the patience for to begin with .

When I was in New London Conn I rented a house from people who had a 5 gait quarter horse philly ,nice big horse .It was trained but they were afraid of it .I rode the thing and it tossed me .

I never let go of the reins, bounced up and layed the leather to that bitch .She never tried it again . I'd have her minding her manners pretty well then off to sea .I had to almost start over every time I made port .Twice of that was enough for me .They should have never owned a horse .

My ex-sweetie had an Arabian that was just plain squirrelly. It started doing a twirl, so I pulled his head right around to the side. When he started to fall I got my leg out from under and stayed right on top of him on the ground. I made him get up with me still on his back. After that he would behave for me, but not her.

I couldn't cypher any reason for his behavior other than feeling antsy about getting out, glad to have not come off is all. Horse's are so different than people that for the most part you can bet they consider us the rude ones.

I used to ride an old rodeo barrel racer name Shammy, about the dumbest sob that ever walked the planet. Belonged to my neighbor and pastured next to my shop. The neighbor had become too big a woman to ride, and Shammy followed her example. I got into bareback, loved the freedom but not the sweat so much. Shammy would be galloping along and suddenly think she was in the rodeo again going around a barrel, and had to make a sudden and unprovoked left turn...a sharp left turn....always turned left for some reason. Is it the Hertz rent-a-car commercial where the people are riding along but there is nothing beneath them? Love/hate until she kicked me a good one, then I just threw the occasional rock at her to get her big ass moving in the field. I will say this, riding is very cool.

I'm coming up on 42 this summer, my dad is 73 this summer, he's in ten times the shape I am! Age has nothing to do with it, it's state of mind!

I hate horses, horses hate me, we avoid each other and like it that way!

I learned today, that an 046 with a 25" bar isn't a good stump grinder! BUT, if you have enough chains and are willing to file them a lot, it will get the job done! Not that I will ever do it again!

Enquiring minds want to know....I wonder if it is true that one reason why some girls love horses so much, is because riding is where they had experienced their first orgasm? A cowboy told me that.

Carrots and apples go a long way to win over a horse. The best way to imprint on a horse is from birth once the mother lets you get close enough, but that could take some time if you didn't have a bond with her.

That sucks! I guess that is grounds to not like horses. At the stables where I worked in high school a guy lost both testicles due to being kicked.

Back