How'd it go today?

MasterBlaster we got official support from the shop that does all our saws(support as in we do promotional events for our work while publicity and stand and bits are supplied by them,they are Stihl official dealer in my area)
Its like saying we get more credit cause of their name.
BeerGeek the tree co was already on...now just got better.
:wav::rockon:

Stephen, I’m doing a project for General Hydroponics in Santa Rose. My contact told me a winery out there somewhere was fined 50k for removing all the dead brush and such. A fire came through and wiped out 3 other wineries but the one that cleaned up was spared. It’s a shame ya do the right thing and you’re a criminal, follow the law and go under.

Actually, there are laws in place that can prevent you from clearing in certain areas and even removing trees just out side the ROW on certain lands, even though the tree is a hazard to infrastructure or transmission lines. I kid you not.
One of the fights being fought in legislation right now over hazard removals in ROW work.

Sounds like a bs story to me.

Cory, as Steve indicates, no BS. To further it, when I took my Fire Fighter training, numerous instructors mentioned that California forest/wildfire fighting was the worst/most dangerous in the world due to the the government agencies and laws out there making forest management the biggest cluster f'd mess known to man.

Steve, hope all turns out for the best or you and the rest of the Cali Treehousers.

- Brian

Going good here. The back burning last night was quite successful. Up to 25 percent containment now.
Lines hold tonight and tomorrow, we are probably out of the woods. Bringing the kids home tomorrow if the release is of positive note.

Dang Stephen.

You guys always getting the fires.

Glad they are burning with it... the best thing for fire is more fire and a favourable wind in the right season.

Best of Luck Bud. :)

So far, not real big growth numbers and 30% containment. More fires in So Cal last day or two. Crazy stuff. Here we are in Octoberjust waiting on rain.
Most of our recent fires here have seemingly been vehicle caused. Dragging metal like a towchain or pulled off into high grass kind of thing. People are pretty in aware these days. Eyes out front, radio up, quiet cabs towing large trailers with chains dragging or a tire out.

Like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y9feVp0RZvQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe not as climactic, but.... .
Today's agenda. Me and the crew taking down some trees on my place getting ready for burning. CDF.....this.....

General plan for today. Lots of units being released. Demob (demobilization) mostly water tenders and dozers. Hand lines will continue to be worked on to increase containment lines where dozers and engines can’t go. Helos will work on interior hot spots

Why a wide cradle?

Banged over a buncha trees on the second lot for the builder. Will be interesting to see the cedar bough value versus the cedar log value. Shitty logs still hold valuable boughs. First time arranging it. I know the buyer from professional acquaintances.

Logging prices are tanking. Tariffs are killing the alder saw log market. Alder logs can't sit around. 2 weeks from hitting the dirt to the log buyer is all they really want to allow. More time is allowed in wet winter, I guess.

Back