How'd it go today?

Sounds like an old piece of iron I would love. Looked at a willyz powered Lincoln once. I think Burnam looked at it for me. Got my itch to need scratchin.

I remember my expedition to check that beast out, Stephen. His ad said something like "runs perfect". When I got there to check it out, he brought out a fresh battery from his shop, hooked it up, hit the starter. Dad-blamed thing never turned over an inch...smoke soon poured off the battery and starter cables...I was sure he was going to burn the thing down. He never gave up on it until the battery started spitting acid out from under the fill caps. By then I was far away, and getting farther by the moment. That was an easy one to recommend against, my friend :D.

Still, appreciated you checking it out for me.
I eventually sold my 51 Willyz. Never found the time to keep on the project. Nice local guy bought it. Thrilled to have it. Lilly, not so thrilled. She loved taking rides in it.

Well, got my place mowed finally yesterday.

New strings on the mando & old fiddle…Guitar is in the shop getting the bridge glued back down and should get it back in a week or so…I’m ready for the snow to fly!

Going to try again to get the tractor out onto the driving range this afternoon to pick balls and mow if possible…hoping it’s dry enough today.

Sometimes...I'm trying out new types on both instruments.

I think I like them both better than the old sets, but will see how they play & sound after they settle in a bit.

I have another, slightly heavier new set for the mando...I'll run these for a while then switch & see which I like better.

Mandolin strings are inexpensive enough to go through several sets before I reach the price of one set for the fiddle.

Just about got a case of free pork bellies today.

Wife and I were looking at the receipt and it looked low....like exactly 136 dollars low.

We were only about 10 miles down the road.

Shop owner was pleased. Gave me the thumbs up anyway!

Got another climber to work with me on the storm damage cleanup, I've been a bucket baby for a week and a half...once the broken stuff was cleared he started on the reductions, in it makes my heart sing to see another arborist use a hand saw and secateurs in a tree!!! He totally gets how the trees need to be done on this property, we think the same way.
Back to climbing tomorrow...

Started a dead wood and reduction till the tree showed me daylight through it after removing some epi growth. Big ol rotten spot. House service close enough to take a hit with winds and wienter closing in. So removal it shall be. Did some simple crown raising while we were there, then down the hill to get the lift for tomorrow.
Evacs, road closures and advisories are coming closer to home. See what tomorrow brings there. Kids are at my mom's in case.
This is the beast over the hill.... awesome photo from the air.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570666469501.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570666469501.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
You know me B. Sitting in 12 acres of about bare dirt and surrounded by properties that have been cleared. Everything is gassed up, fueled up and filled up. Still have power. Damn smoke is the shitty part.
We are in a good spot with a million gallons of water up the hill that feeds the fire hydrant on our corner. CDF camps out here. We serve them coffee, grilled items and WIFI. they like our spot ;)
Pretty much comes down to, if they bug out, we will too

Back