How'd it go today?

I didn't know they made clear mats! Do they cost more?

There're not clear but more of a translucent white. And yes they cost more like $70 more, each.

I put in a solid six hours on the lift today. A dice apart spruce, tall-ish, skinny, billion limbs and a medium norway maple cut and chuck, wires, house, cut it small, and toss kind of affair. Two stumps no clean up.

Today sucked. I was back on the same stream restoration job with my brushcutter. I cut for 10 minutes, and it died. Doesn't appear to have spark. Tried a new sparkplug, but no go. It's in the shop, and it better be paid for by warranty. I'm already just about done with Husqvarna. I really *needed* that thing today, and it let me down. Neither Stihl nor echo ever left me stranded. If it isn't fixed by the time I need it again(Tues-Wed next week), I'll be off to the Stihl shop. I had to cut a bunch of trash with my echo 2511t, and it wasn't much fun. It would have been gravy with a brushcutter.

Smelled gas the little while the brushcutter worked. Couldn't figure it out til I took the gas can out of my backpack. The collar to the spout broke, and soaked everything including me in fuel. It was hot, I shredded myself on briars, and the stupid flies were chewing me up. Have a new stream restoration to start Monday, and I've barely looked at the plans. I have to work on those this weekend. They /said/ it wasn't as thick as this one. If it looks crappy, I may just leave and get that Stihl then. I don't need another day like today... I'm getting backed up with work. I don't like being backed up...

I had an echo first(srm410u), but it got stolen. There's stuff I like about each of them. For the work I do with it, I think I like the Husky a little better. The shaft is shorter, but that works ok for the steep slopes I'm frequently on. Just need to watch my toes. I've almost gotten them a couple times. It was impossible with the echo. The Husky also has a bit more power. It's like 3cc bigger, but I notice the difference. I blew the tube on the echo, but I used it *very* hard. After ordering a new tube, I was looking around, and it looks like Stihl bushings would have worked in it. Never got the chance to try it. I don't like that the echo doesn't have a part# for bushings. All told, they're both very good machines, and I'd be happy to use either assuming they work.

That said, I'm not impressed with my current problem. I guess any brand can have issues, but it really irritated me today, cause I wasn't just playing. I needed that thing to work. I only have ~20hr on it. Next one I get will be Stihl. Echo doesn't go bigger than 43cc, and I've found size helps. If they made a machine 45cc+(50CC would be ideal), I'd definitely go that route. I couldn't be happier with my other echo gear.

I had a young mouse run straight to me....stand on his hind legs...crawl up on my boot and go to sleep.

No...he was not rolling an empty thread bobbin.....

I think he musta been a weanling or something. Kinda fuzzy looking.

Just looking for comfort I guess.

:^D

That's kinda cool. I sorta like mice, but they're destructive little boogers. I'd feed them and give them a spot safe from the cat for the winter if they'd be cool, stay where I told them, but it doesn't work like that unfortunately. If I catch one live, I take it for a long walk. Otherwise, the snapper traps get them. I'm usually good for a few when fall comes.

I reckon he was just young and scared. Just kicked outta the nest.

I thought about going back later and gathering it up and build it a nest or something. Oh well.

Used to have a mouse that would watch TV with me when I was a bachelor. He would sit on the arm rest and eat popcorn.

Processed 106 chickens today, had six people working and everything went smoothly, done in 5.5hrs. 30 are mine, sp I've got my chicken for the year in the freezer. That's a good feeling to me

I had an echo first(srm410u), but it got stolen. There's stuff I like about each of them. For the work I do with it, I think I like the Husky a little better. The shaft is shorter, but that works ok for the steep slopes I'm frequently on. Just need to watch my toes. I've almost gotten them a couple times. It was impossible with the echo. The Husky also has a bit more power. It's like 3cc bigger, but I notice the difference. I blew the tube on the echo, but I used it *very* hard. After ordering a new tube, I was looking around, and it looks like Stihl bushings would have worked in it. Never got the chance to try it. I don't like that the echo doesn't have a part# for bushings. All told, they're both very good machines, and I'd be happy to use either assuming they work.

That said, I'm not impressed with my current problem. I guess any brand can have issues, but it really irritated me today, cause I wasn't just playing. I needed that thing to work. I only have ~20hr on it. Next one I get will be Stihl. Echo doesn't go bigger than 43cc, and I've found size helps. If they made a machine 45cc+(50CC would be ideal), I'd definitely go that route. I couldn't be happier with my other echo gear.

A muffler mod, if not other mods too, should wake up any 2 stroke power equipment a good bit.

I had a young mouse run straight to me....stand on his hind legs...crawl up on my boot and go to sleep.

No...he was not rolling an empty thread bobbin.....

I think he musta been a weanling or something. Kinda fuzzy looking.

Just looking for comfort I guess.

That's got to be better that a hummingbird I recently saw. I was walking by a single pane storm door in the garage, and a hummingbird flew rigt up to it and looked inside for a while as I stood right there.

Well after a long enough Friday I got good news. I found my camper and it’s in my price range. I know the guy and it’ll be better than new. I get the 10% friends and family discount even. Going to check it out tomorrow but plan on towing it home. Jim I’m coming to visit you soon enough buddy:D

Last edited:
Bob Barker was full of shit!

Get your pets spayed and neutered he said.......its good for you and your pets he said.......

950 fugging dollars!!!!!

Three female kittens and one male kitten. They were given to us for shop cats.....figured we would have them fixed.

I cant fugging believe it.........

Girl kitties are less hassle imo. All cats are bad, but boys take it to a whole different level. Just tbe price for an animal that isn't 100% insane :^D

My brushcutter wasn't fixed, so I bought another one. The same one I had. Sigh... I checked four Stihl dealers, and none had the 460 or 560 in stock, and I need it tomorrow. I really wanted to try Stihl, and really didn't want another Husky, but it's worth about $800 to not have a repeat of last Friday. Coincidentally, that's what a 545FR costs :^/

I am going to try the new 30 or so CC echo. I liked the last one I had and they stopped making it. Nothing between the 400 or 410 U and the 280. I gave my wife the 280 for the house as I thought it just was not going to hold up to the commercial abuse. The 400 and 410 is too big for me. Fine for someone over 6 foot tall. Longer shaft, good reach. 5'8" is not condusive to the longer shaft.

My 545 has a very short shaft. Might be worth a look at some of their smaller cutters. The 545 was about midway pricewise between echo and Stihl of similar capability. I did like my echo though. IMO, echo is the best value in power equipment. Might not be the fastest or lightest, but they give tremendous bang for your $.

Back