How'd it go today?

From Carl???

It came from All Access Equipment.

Thank you gents!
We had the trainer come out and certify us on operation about five hours worth of training. They are a complicated machine but easy enough to understand.

So long story short after unloading and flying the lift upon folding it up there is an issue with the right side track drive having lack of power so emails have been sent and texts made to the home shop. But that will get fixed and if not they will have to deal with my wife who use to manage 600 rentals and her nickname was the "pitbull" by her employer at the time.
But that aside it's an impressive machine good height, good reach, smooth operation, easy basket controls.

Yeah me too new phone, battery buggered on the old one didn't feel like buying a Chinese replacement.
Loooove the new lift mate :)

Well I went and spent some money today.
F9C72DA2-D15A-4458-A271-708AFBC42265.jpg
$300. Couldn’t pass it up. Wife doesn’t know yet and I hid it in the shed so she won’t. ;) I told her I was gonna buy a bike this year

No she’ll just be mad because it’s two wheels instead of four. I’ve got something brewing that will give me my two wheels with nothing out of pocket. I’m just getting her prepped. Basically I’m selling something and gonna make a good profit and she don’t need to know about that. I might get my bike or I might make her a dream. We will see how she acts in the next few months. The deal will be done within the month, but she won’t know that for a long while.

Nice! Just watch your wife doesn't get the bug too. My wife and I ride together a ton but that crazy woman keeps rubbing out on her dirtbike. Just yesterday she went down again. :whine: we've been lucky. Scrapes and bruises only so far.

It was hot and terrible. Started asbuilting the stream restoration. That's the boring, lame, stupid work after the real work's done. Took ~175 shots to locate 300' of creek. That's about 5,250 button presses. There's another 2,500' of creek to do, and a couple ponds once it's built :^S

20190923_130023.jpg

Their only purpose is to hold the natural fiber matting down. Waaaay overkill on this creek. It's been dry here the last couple months, but it doesn't look like it ever gets big flushes that would pull it away. I was talking to the project manager last week, and I think he said it was 72k stakes on this job. That doesn't include the live stakes that get put in after the construction's done.

What is the overall project?

Figured out how to fell a dead maple in a ravine, instead of craning it out for $800. Springboard and cut at about 10' and buy a short piece of heavy bull rope to keep the butt up off the underplantings and heavy landscape cloth by butt-hitching it to the stump, dumping it onto logs to bridge over two retaining walls, low-voltage lighting, and a septic line. Foam landing zone job, same heavy, heavy landscape cloth and underplanting. 3.5 miles from home. I've stopped taking new clients in town, overall.

Picked up a very low use pressure washer, inexpensively from Craigslist, as mine has a governor acting up. Gotta try to do some more hydraulic oil spill fine-tuning.

Been a snip, snip, snip, hand-sawing kinda day for a change. Lil' echo top-handle, too. Did some nice pruning for a change, more than just limbing up conifers-pruning. About to finish up a large project with a difficult driveway situation. Waiting on the power-line drop on Wednesday, and she added more work.

Have a monster maple to rig down with a rookie, soon. Should be fine, though. Need to get the mini-loader rolling, though. Waiting on parts.

Good work. I used to so conservation/ restoration work, before full-time tree work. Done some stream work, but not much, and nothing like that. Cool stuff.

Yep. Nice job.
I've done my share of stream work to keep afloat when logging was scarce.

Back