How'd it go today?

It was the best 4 years of my life. Not so sure I'd be saying that if it would have been any other branch.

Is there a lot of depression with submariners?

Well, the brutalized trees look decent. Forgot to get pictures.

An old employee texted, asking for short term work before going for nursing prerequisites.
I remember him in his first tree to tree transfer, feeling F-ing stressed. There were firs, trunks like 6-7' apart. 8 years ago.

A submarine anywhere would suck once the novelty of riding on nuclear power wears off. From what I understand. Severe lack of personal space, and fresh food. Idk how they do it.

Didn't explore enough, then.

Or maybe all of upstate Louisiana is boring...rather doubt it, but could be I guess.
:P

Teasing, boss :).

But really...every where I've lived, there were hugely interesting pockets of sub-culture that where every bit of exotic. I just had to shed some preconceptions (and perhaps inhibitions) to explore and enjoy them.

My buddy did six years in the Air Force as a mechanic. A pretty safe beat as far as not seeing combat, but he loaded/worked on planes that were going out on missions. He saw the world many times over.

Being a barman is a great exercise is understanding the human experience.

Not listening to their problems, frig all that shit, tell it to the dog, I don’t care.

Just seeing people at their worst and best, just standing there sober and watching people unravel as the evening develops.

I had to stop work on Tuesday at lunchtime, dry lightning storm was rolling through, we could see fork lightning hitting the ground on three sides, I was working in a 60' incense cedar.
By the time Wednesday morning came there were 60 fires going throughout the state, the Brigade 10kms north of us has been out three times since the storm for lightning fires.
Today, work is called off for rain...very happy to have some rain.

Seen that, the very few times I ventured into a bar...:/:

Believe that tale, then let me offer this magnificent bridge I have on offer...
:P

Ha! Saw another interesting truck come up on Altec. 65' working height but it's set up like my small truck with a squirt boom. And it has a material handler!
Best part is it's a 2007 so no DEF and less than 90K miles. Hours are reasonable also.

My biggest concern is that I haven't seen this style bucket truck around, so there must be some reason why it isn't more popular. Also Altec makes a killing on these trucks so you can usually knock off 10-15% from the asking price.
https://www.altec.com/products/available-inventory/used/2007-terex-tl50-60m/

I've been out sick for a few days, so I'm not sure of all the exact details, but seems to be a 75' w-elevator over in Wisco way with our name on it. Climber's getting a (one way) plane ticket to go check it out. If it's not what it's cracked up to be, he'll grab another ticket back. But the hope is he'll be rolling home Sunday in it!

Back