How'd it go today?

Lazy Sunday. I've gotten up to go outside and get firewood. Surfed. Contemplated invoicing. Drank coffee. Snacked. Played with the kitten. Went out for a jar from the truck, from the store. Letting the end of the daylight fade without much more to do.

Lazy Sunday. I've gotten up to go outside and get firewood. Surfed. Contemplated invoicing. Drank coffee. Snacked. Played with the kitten. Went out for a jar from the truck, from the store. Letting the end of the daylight fade without much more to do.

Ha let me try this- got up at 7am. Was fairly dark out, hard to believe I'll be hard at work tomorrow at this time. Knee was killing me. Brought in enough wood to build a fire. Rearranged schedule for the week to take advantage of frozen ground. Treehouse.com. Did an appt on short notice. Knee was even worse, had a little trouble keeping up with a 60 y o woman. Watched the Patriots make more history. Brought in a week's worth of wood. Got a little more battle ready. Surfed net.

Richard boy and I went to town and visited our gunsmith friend.

Visited for over 4 hours. He was diagnosed with leukemia about a year ago.

Kind of a teary visit today.

We went home and met the Wife and Lynley on the road.

They were riding their horses over to visit a neighbor.

Richard boy and I went home and zipped over on our dirt bikes.

Then we went up and visted my folks.

Pretty good Sunday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EsFrnhvfruo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How is there over a foot of snow here and you have none Jim? Glad you had a nice Sunday man. I finally went out and plowed the driveway, blew a hydraulic line, and the radiator started leaking too. So i guess i know what I'm doing tomorrow now too :lol: finished the drive by hand, so i got my workout for the day.

97F in the shade when I finished about 2pm.

Trimmed a few shrubs and a little pine for another old customer, first time I went there was early eighties. Not as far to the south west as Friday so actually saw a few Aussies. Lots of trees have gone though.

Still a bit of work from the big storm a few weeks ago if I chased it up and had one other job and that was a Leylandii hedge, bad enough doing them on a good day and it's going to get hotter and hotter for the next 5 days so I think that'll do me this trip.

Might play tourist until it cools off then head home. It's hot there as well, might break the record this week. Nearly got the coldest day there ever in July when I was down here last time, I always miss all the fun.

We had a small storm pass over.
Richard and I drove one and a half hours to start logging in a new forest, we've signed up with only to realize that since the stand we were supposed to cut was along the sea where the wind blew in from, no way could we fell anything and expect to survive.
So we drove one and a half hours home again.
Talk about a wasted day.

The storm is supposed to blow over during the night.
We should be good to go tomorrow.

I did, sorry.
It was the tail end of it that made logging impossible.

3 jobs around town this morning before lunch -- broken limbs from the heavy weight of 4-6" snowfall over the weekend. Lots of Bradfords, Redbud, and Siberian limbs down around here, and whole trees. Funny, you'd think something from Siberia would be acclimated to snowfall! A $250 broken Siberian limb job quickly evolved to a full removal $$$$, we could easily do 3 of those in a day with our kit. Kansas City was hit worse than us, with 11"+ snowfall, so the estimator's off to look at some more storm/emergency work, possibly even for this afternoon. Otherwise, we should be booked solid for the next 1-2 weeks, plus there's another big storm predicted for this weekend!

:dance:

Back