How'd it go today?

Beach horse ride that i did whilst on a family holiday. 3hrs in the saddle and a bit of a swim in a lagoon and a bit of a ride through the surf. IMG_20190110_200204_495.jpg IMG_20190110_200204_508.jpg 47275575_519588155187738_1962443413072642048_n.jpg last pic is of the rescue horse that i am working with and sponsoring. Hoping to be able to adopt it at some stage in the future.

My neighbor brought a couple mustangs back from Wyoming. Her and her husband rode til they both got hurt and were afraid to ride. I really had to talk myself out of riding them. I used to love riding wild horses. I realized I don't bounce as good as I did 40 years ago.

She took them with her to Tennessee and still keeps them as pets as far as I know. Expensive pets but to each their own.

We had horses growing up. My sister and I had a lot of fun. Got hurt enough to know you have to watch them all the time. Some are very nice. Others total assholes. Just like people.

Not sure how it goes in Australia, but a great deal of the rescue horses are coming out Kentucky.

Thats "real" horse country.

I guess horse people are just as bad or possibly worse than dog people. Horse farms operate the same way as puppy mills.

The ones that dont have exactly the right paint job, or have the wrong color feet or what ever are discarded. Its pure vanity bullshit.

So here we are, lined up to "save" these horses from the glue factory. Grand scheme of things we are probably doing the horse industry a disservice.

These pricks that breed for vanity now have a guilt free way of disposing of the less pretty horses. Probably encourages production.

I dont know. I just wish they would produce less of them.

If the ones they produced that were not "perfect" were shipped straight to the glue factory.....maybe they would produce less of them.

Perhaps the public pressure would be enough to curtail production..........

Fundamentally, the problem I have with rescue operations is the same problem I have with recycling operations.

Basically, a guilt free way of encouraging production/consumption.

I would like to think that if people knew that some dumbassed arctic bird would get his head stuck in that plastic water bottle and die every time they bought one.....they would stop buying them.

Probably not though!

Cool pics Wood Collector. And nice looking horses. 8)

I just fed my rescue horses a little bit ago. They're not really rescue horses, i just call them that now and then. :D

Dang Hayburners:O

Right when I finished cleaning up from breakfast my neighbor called asking if I would drive him to go pull his son out of a ditch. No problem. Highway patrol got there before us. I have no idea how the kid was ok and how he forgot to mention to his dad that he had rolled the vehicle twice. He was pretty lucky. I already took a half dozen new fence posts out to the farmer for them. My neighbor took the boy to the hospital to at least get looked at. I’m now taking a break from sled riding with the kids. I need to haul some wood up to the house and then start doing some research on a few machines. We’ve got a demo lined up and another one in the works.

Good on getting the boy checked out. I know of several rollover crashes where the folks seemed ok and really had a cracked vertebra...bad juju.

He checked out but they know to keep an eye on him. Roads weren’t great this morning but from my investigating and knowing how I was at his age, he dozed off and panicked when he awoke from the rough ride and over corrected. This shot him across the road into the embankment causing the roll over. No brake marks even in the lawn where he first went off the road. I walked it off and the distances are goofy. First roll was very violent. No marks from the driver side to the place it came to rest. Had to do one in the air. Just to much distance and from the amount of space on the first roll it was spinning fast.

Back