How'd it go today?

A few days ago I was on our Kubota small tractor with a bucket...using the bucket to push pine fat lidard logs that were burning around a broken off pine tree (that Alex and I busted off earlier with a pull rope and his truck). Muddy around the tree...sure enough, about the 2nd or 3rd log I pushed up that 4WD tractor got stuck...with the bucket resting on a flaming log...shat!!!! I had to run UP the hill about 300 yards to the shop to get my truck, Forgot to mention I left the truck keys hooked to the back of the tractor. I used my spare key on the truck to open it but it is NOT a transponder key and would not start the truck. I had to run BACK down the hill to get the real key, then back UP the hill to get the truck...a real cluster fook of a mess. Then drive back, hook up a rope, put the tractor in neutral and (luckily) pull it out of the ruts. I was pretty sure I was going to get back to the tree and find the Kubota on fire.

I got lucky and got the tractor out.

I am going to hide a transponder key on my truck now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XJLVNDDpzg0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• pine fat lightard stump burn  (1) up corrected.jpg
    pine fat lightard stump burn (1) up corrected.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 38
  • pine fat lightard stump burn  (6) up corrected.jpg
    pine fat lightard stump burn (6) up corrected.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 38
What the heck is a transponder key?

New-fangled shat on vehicles. I have a spare key that opens the door. But the key that actually starts the truck has a transponder built into it...some kind of signal emitting device. My truck is a 2012 and it has one...my wife's car is a 2008 Impala...it has one, too. The transponder keys cost AT LEAST $40, some at least $80. The vehicle won't start unless it reads the proper electronic signal from the key.

My spare key is the SAME key/cut configuration...it will actually turn the ignition switch but that only sets off the freaking alarm...horn goes crazy since some idiot (me) tried to start the truck without a transponder key. I hate it.

Just got back from the hospital.
Things have really gone to hell with the chemo.

I'm having an autoimmune reaction to it, which means that my immune sustem kills off my red blod cells as fast as my bone marrow can produce them.

Right now my red blood cell count is so low, I can't absorb enough oxygen.
They said it is the equivalent of me standing at 12000 feet.

I've been off work for the last week, since I can't walk fast without losing my breath completely.
Going upstairs to the bedroom and to bed, I can listen to my heart hammer away for 15 minutes, just from climbing that short set of stairs.

Weird situation for somebody who has alway prided himself on being in shape.

Good news is, they took me off the chemo a week ago and started getting on top of the autoimmune reaction.
Blood count was a bit higher today, so it is going the right way.

Now we'll have to wait and see, how well that first batch of chemo knocked the Leukemia back, then once it raises it's ugly head again, see about trying another form for chemo.
Some of the new stuff they are experimenting with.

Then I can only hope, I don't get the same rteaction to that, cxause then I'm pretty much screwed.

Back