How'd it go today?

Hope it works out for her and your family Brett.

5 days of snow and rain. Started my day with my CCW renewal class in snowing cold. Instructor reminded us, it could be worse, like in Milwaukee. Came home and had to surrender a family dog to animal control for a biting incident. She'll be euthanized by the end of the week. :(

Does...but a dog that bites is a danger to your financial stability. Lawsuits...you know the rest of that story. Even if the dog had just cause; teased, etc....the dog and owner almost always loose.

Bad situation for your family, for sure.

My now long sold out and moved away across the road neighbor's dog bit me twice; once in my own driveway, and once on the public road in front of his driveway as I was telling him about the first biting and requesting that he keep his animal away from my property, and as he was denying that his dog would ever bite anyone. Sneaky bastard red heeler went out under his fence 50 yards down from where we were talking, snuck up behind me in the brush, then rushed out at my back.

The neighbor was stunned speechless. I told him then and there...that dog would be gone in 3 days or less, or I'd have a lawyer and would own everything he did as of that point in time, before the year was out.

I hate the general jump to litigation aspect of American society these days, but it makes for a powerful lever, at times.

The dog was gone the next day.

Gunther bit a grandma who was waiting at the bus stop to pick up her grandkids. Which was unfortunately just outside of my yard. It was a open and close case for him, no jury, and no governors pardon. :cry:

Why not? You don't either, and you stay at home, where as we are traveling frequently.

The answer is easy, brother. Neither of us is ready for that commitment and responsibility at this point in time.

Leave it be.

Does...but a dog that bites is a danger to your financial stability. Lawsuits...you know the rest of that story. Even if the dog had just cause; teased, etc....the dog and owner almost always loose.

Bad situation for your family, for sure.
Exactly. Just can't take the risk. Some dogs are just a liability.
Definitely sux for wife and kids though. Just added stress for me. Booked through April and can't move on squat. Just on call getting house foundered and pinching pennies. Trouble with my environment is that it rarely freezes. All we have is slushy snow on red clay muddymuck. Heavy work, on hold till we can move equipment in and out. Bleagh

Sad news Stephen.

I have a little spot to sell some things, a cafe right across the road from my GF's. Set it up Friday. No sales yet...

20190215_082221.jpg

Sorry Stephen..

Peter, great. Consignment? Percentage? Getting someone else to sell it for you in their space, could be a Win!

Thanks Sean. Free for now, to help out, but I think I'll make the owner a board after a few sales.

I'm hoping they can use some bigger ones for catering. Need to get wood dry!

Hope it works out for her and your family Brett.

5 days of snow and rain. Started my day with my CCW renewal class in snowing cold. Instructor reminded us, it could be worse, like in Milwaukee. Came home and had to surrender a family dog to animal control for a biting incident. She'll be euthanized by the end of the week. :(

Sorry man! That is always my biggest fear with dogs.

Was it the big sheep dog?
I can't remember if she was a Kangal or a Pyreneean.

I hope for your sake it was not one of those cases where you feel like the person bitten should be the one put down.

No Stig. Our Pyrenees would not harm a soul, unless protecting kids or livestock. Funny how people are so leary or frightened of them for their size. But they are just big lovers.
It was Daisy. Rot and cattle dog mix that was a rescue. We were seeing signs in her. Trying to work with her and the new pup calmed her down some. But the writing was on the wall. Nipped a walker down on the road.

Thanks for letting me know.
As you know, I have a Pyreneean mix myself and he is such a gentle dog.
Until the time comes not to be.
Tore the shit out of 2 burglars a few years ago.

My " Granddaughter" loves him.
P1060272.jpg

Friday was just one stump to grind, 11˚F temps. Had to blow off the snow, as we got 4-6", then pound out 3 frozen-to-the-ground rocks from the landscaping bed. Then just some light maintenance and firewood in the afternoon.
P1390868.jpg

when we logged for 7 weeks at a castle on the island Møn last summer, we realized that a lot of the trees around the buildings were in very bad shape.
We told the owner, and he has asked us to come down and do away with them.
So next week, if I don't show up here, it is because I'm out of range.
Even phones don't work too well down there.
Should be a fine time, a nice break from logging and I really like the couple who own the castle.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

Back