How'd it go today?

Agreed - it's a silly device for sure. But people think up crazy stuff all the time that people WILL buy.

I use a leaf rake

I've yelled at so many people for doing that. Sure, it's OK if you're careful and don't abuse it but 99% of the time they'd be shoving it in like it was made of steel orrrr something! Don't frig up my rakes, buddy!

I've yelled at so many people for doing that. Sure, it's OK if you're careful and don't abuse it but 99% of the time they'd be shoving it in like it was made of steel orrrr something! Don't frig up my rakes, buddy!
It is made of steel -- Razorback tined rakes. We don't use plastic ones here. They're flexible enough that they don't get snatched in the feed wheels, you can pull it back out without it getting caught. I'd imagine a plastic one would get chewed right up or swallowed! But again, that's only for small stuff at the end where you don't have any other brush or sticks to push with.

Bandits were coming with a brush pusher and the welded on pipe to hold it. They are a piece of 2X8(?) with a 2 plus inch dowel drilled into it perpendicularly.

I saw those so I made one for pushing the rakings up in, (no rocks) lost it in a load of chips somehow within a week, made another one. That was about 15 years ago, still got it. Might have used it a couple of times.

I can't wait for mine to come in, they were only $75 each, and $70 each, by the dozen.

Just kidding, nobody blow a gasket.

I just thought that right after BishopCo was mentioned, that would be the current introductory page for some people. Might as well have safety chain as the main selling point when you open the page, along with three guys watching one guy raking.

Chains arrived today. I did an initial fit and I have trim them down not really a big deal but I am not sure how to do it without destroying one of the ladder chains. There is a tool made for this but at $80. IDK, probably take a 4.5" cutoff to it.

pictures?

When I have three or four extra links, I hook the last link, then the tight link, making a trapped little loop that doesn't hit my wheel well on the outside or anything on the inside.

I didn't take a pic but they are 8" too long. The hooks want to be at where the first cross chain connects to the tension chain.

Use an oval screw link, opposite the closure, to shorten one "side-rail" section by an inch or two, "between ladder rungs". Your closure will door better.

Is it too loose if you go one link less?

Yes they would be loose.

The size I was sent covers a range of tires and this set falls in the middle of the range and I heard back from the co., yes they need to be shortened.

Chains arrived today. I did an initial fit and I have trim them down not really a big deal but I am not sure how to do it without destroying one of the ladder chains. There is a tool made for this but at $80. IDK, probably take a 4.5" cutoff to it.

I just put the link that needs cutting in a vice and cut it with a hacksaw on one side of the link, then bend it open some to remove the adjoining links.

You might remove the last cross chain. I clamp them in a vice and pry the ends of the cross chain open with a really beefy screwdriver. You also might shorten the distance from the inside hook/outside latch to the first cross chain. Use a screw link for the repair there. You want to minimize the uneven distance between cross chains as much as possible.

Thanks B. The cross chain spacing would be off by two inches not that bad I think. I'll dick around with them this weekend.

Oh yes.

There is a pecking order established early with challenges daily.

They get along pretty well in winter though.....the worst fights are during breeding season.

Green grass and the smell of hot females gets em all antsy in their pantsy.

Usually lose one a year to a broken pecker from those fights.

Good info, thanks.

Got round to finishing the new log store round the back of the barn.

Attachments

• EB9CCA01-F7AD-4D78-B7FD-98D5E20FF045.jpg
    EB9CCA01-F7AD-4D78-B7FD-98D5E20FF045.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 9DFE9886-94D4-408A-BC4B-19313CA3971A.jpg
    9DFE9886-94D4-408A-BC4B-19313CA3971A.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 38
Back