How'd it go today?

On the way into work, I went and traded in my 461 for a brand new spiffy 462.

Ooohhhh, it's NICE!
Put it to work straight away. As much as I used to say I like adjustable carb saws...this new generation computer chip saw is running circles around the older one.
I got it fitted with an Elight bar too, for an extra $50, every bit of weight saving makes a difference for me. Very much lighter overall, just better for a little chip like me :)

My 461 didn't get a lot of work, it was really at the limit for me weight wise, and it never ran completely satisfactorily...maybe I messed about with the carb too much...
The 462 is just super...right out of the store.

On the way into work, I went and traded in my 461 for a brand new spiffy 462.

Ooohhhh, it's NICE!
Put it to work straight away. As much as I used to say I like adjustable carb saws...this new generation computer chip saw is running circles around the older one.
I got it fitted with an Elight bar too, for an extra $50, every bit of weight saving makes a difference for me. Very much lighter overall, just better for a little chip like me :)

Better for a big guy like me, too.

I just can't belive how much nicer that saw is to log with than the 441 or 461.
Really in a class of it's own.
Glad you got yourself one.

Well Stig it was your endorsement that tipped the scales for me.
I agree, it's like a whole new class of saw, not just the next iteration of the 460 model

Jim...I listen to Pandora a lot. Getting ready to do Indian Clubs to either the Baptism Hymn channel or Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...both great channels.

I had Pandora for about a year...I was severely disappointed and found it lacking in depth and variety.

Mick, the local Husqvarna dealer is an asshole, so I have no experience with them at all.

Wow…sat down to play fiddle about when it got dark…put it down for a break and noticed the news was on…turned the volume up and the lady said “thanks for waking up with us!”…to my surprise it was 430 am!

I had sort of planned on working this morning, but might take a nap and go in this afternoon instead.

The old employee thing...he's got it together enough, and does a good job, and wants to work AMAP, but has 6 kids, 3 at home, and his wife just relapsed, going in for treatment. Good thing Big Pharma flooded the US with opiates.

The FF Cadet seems pretty solid, and appreciated that it was a boring day of tree work, with no OH SHIT! or That Was Close! moments. He's moving back to Seattle in a month, upon completion of his FF training. He's looking forward to work tomorrow and Friday, with the FF academy taking up T/ TH. Maybe he can help with peripheral stuff on the weekends.

Iron is ready to work anytime.
I need to look into a small grapple truck with small Kboom. The mini can bring stuff right to the truck. My friend plumbed a hydraulic winch onto his boom, which has proven useful over the years. That would help.

Most of my customers want mulch, though. I've chipped enough.

Mick, the local Husqvarna dealer is an asshole, so I have no experience with them at all.
I think he was meaning a TP 275 Mobile wood chipper, not a saw.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UCjFrICOHKQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had a nice afternoon at the golf course.
lifted 2 Spruce, 2 White Pine, 2 Maples, and an Elm for view, removed a little 4 stemmed birch, then took the tractor w/batwing to do the last mowing at the conservation club next door. Put a few things that might freeze into storage.

More mowing to do tomorrow, and some brush pick-up

Back