How'd it go today?

So, how about ten years ago? Am I the only ones who looks? Squish, the last time was in NO for mcdonalds school.

I've always been curious. Gawd, there were a jillion treecos down there. The YP was a separate book 3, 4 inches thick, and that was back in the late '80s.

Only thing YP these days is YP.com, and I only went there to contact them to yell at them for the gangster mentality of local listings (info that feeds YP.com, Yelp! and other sites) while I was doing SEO work.

Shoot Brian, I always knew you were an awesome treeguy but I never had pegged you as a math wizard!!!

1060l85.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

I crack myself UP!!!

Only thing YP these days is YP.com, and I only went there to contact them to yell at them for the gangster mentality of local listings (info that feeds YP.com, Yelp! and other sites) while I was doing SEO work.

Dose bastardos!!!

I'm back from a week of killing hazard trees.
:thumbup: Nice work, Stig & team! Looks very familiar, despite the European setting. Used a lift like that on a couple of jobs, not generally preferred but workable.

I doubt there's a phone in the booth. They have disappeared, just like phone books.
Thought about making a run around town, uninstalling them for AT&T/Ma Bell. Old disused eyesores that invite graffiti. Imagining the scrap value of the collected proceeds... Sigh, one can dream, right?
(The things that pass through your head while driving the chip truck...)

Our Morbark M12R chipper died yesterday. It started blowing thick white smoke and lost all power. My first thought was the turbo went out but I started checking the easy stuff first. Maybe water in the fuel or a clogged fuel filter. Drained a half a cup or so from the filter; it was pretty dirty but no water. Maybe gunk in the fuel tank had clogged the pickup line? Disconnected the fuel line and blew back through into the tank. Seemed to be clear. Next, I pulled the plug on the bottom of the tank to drain some fuel out. Seemed to be ok there too. Has to be the filter. Pulled it off, rinsed and blew it clean. Still no joy. Maybe the fuel pump quit? Unusual but possible. Pulled the fuel line off of the outlet side, turned on the key; nothing. Dead fuel pump. Out of frustration I whacked it with the screwdriver and the darn thing started pumping. Put everything back together and it worked fine for about ten minutes. Another whack on the fuel pump and it worked again. So now I just ordered a new pump. Couldn't locate one locally. Online prices were running over $700 to $1,200 but I found a new one on eBay for $450 with the "Make an Offer" option. Offered $350 and it was accepted. It should arrive in a few days; in the meantime, with any luck we can limp it through a few more days.

Great diagnosis and shopping and dickering.

There are two red wooden phone boxes in our village, one has an actual payphone in it, the other one they converted to 'dial a local'...a living history project where they went round to all the oldies and got their stories from 'back in the day' and made recordings so now you can hear historical fact from the people who live here.
Very historical village we live in, so it all goes hand in hand.

I think it's actually a Tardis with the chameleon circuit working... it'll probably change to a Police Box before you know it.

Well I’m back in one piece, 15 hrs of driving and an overnight stop.

The new chipper has arrived.

Attachments

• E10A07A4-6A9A-4E27-91FD-7E6E7EA35107.jpg
    E10A07A4-6A9A-4E27-91FD-7E6E7EA35107.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 39
Let’s hope so, financially it came up for sale 6 months too early really, what with loans finishing and stuff.

But they don’t come up often so that was that.

Back