How'd it go today?

Ya, too bad on all fronts.

So hard to find talent.

So hard to find someone dependable, even.

I'm convinced that there is residual 'Greener' effect in Olympia. People who come for the ultra-liberal education, with no grades. What started as hippy stuff has become a magnet for people who are unsuccessful in traditional educational programs. The ones who make graduate might be having a chance at a real job. Lots don't graduate, but hang around. I think low expectations and poor judgment are contagious.

Man, I need to go to Portugal again.
It has been too long.

My big thing last I visited ( I was an old alcohol distiller, back then) was tasting the stuff made from the Arbutus tree, "Aguardente de Medronhos".

Seeing that the Arbutus has a cousin in the PNW called Madrone, made me think that the World is a small place, after all.

Also, of course, the Azure winged magpie and the Little Bustard made an impression.

I just looked at my bird field guide notes.
1992........................definitely time to go back:)

well guess I live in Algarve wich is the place for medronho,and I could tell you stories about it...lol
If you ever get around again...give a ring and lets have some medronho and look at trees

Nice work! Some people in the rural parts here would call you pork'n'cheese, but they ain't educated.

will get some pics to show you whats common practice around here with palms,its ugly

:thumbup:

What species of arbutus?

Arbutus Unedo.Strawberry tree english call it I believe,aint got a clue about american name

He looks different in an arb hat instead of his usual full brim!

Back