How'd it go today?

Yup, and the longer you live, odds are the worse it'll get. My father died from pancreatic cancer. My mother's still alive, but she's getting mushy headed. Neither of those options is appealing to me. I've watched a few extended family members die from cancer, and the doctors didn't do much aside from prolong the worst of it. Keep your head straight, and keep kicking ass til your done. That's about as good as it gets.

You may find out that dead is a lot worse than alive. Hell is a very bad place and eternity is a very long time. And yes, I know you don't believe it. But if it turns out to be true, sucks for you.

It's gonna be very bad for a god that exists if it happens to be true, because it'll be my personal mission to put an axe in his stupid head. I expect better from an omnipotent being than that piece of trash of a bible that looks more like it was written by a half illiterate goatherder who can't keep simple facts straight, and retain consistency through a single compendium. If you shopped that garbage to a publisher, you'd be thrown out on your ass. There aren't enough editors in the world to fix that disaster of a book.

Brett, you spout your doctrine like it's a fact, and that amazes me. YOU have No idea, just like ME.

But keep on keeping on.

Attachments

• 68789541_2588580021228841_4840940111283617792_n.png
    68789541_2588580021228841_4840940111283617792_n.png
    675 KB · Views: 36
Sorry boss. Just now checking in. Actually just parked in my driveway and sipping a beer or two to unwind. Knocked out a lot of work quick today so we washed the trucks. I went to the bank and stopped at Endors arborist supply to check on something I ordered. Then the fun of putting my chipper back together. New top feed roller, bearings, and coupler. Really not to bad, but time consuming when there are kids running around. Also got a game plan for the job tomorrow. All in all it was a good day.

I was just never taught... not my fault. It always interested me - if it woulda been offered in HS I woulda been all over it. I can wood shop like a mofo!

I wasn't taught worth a toot either, formally. I sure didn't learn a dad blamed thing really, about how to mechanic stuff, in my high school shop (which was rated over the moon top end quality back in those long ago days).

I learned it on my own and hand in hand with a few good friends who also wanted to get the knowledge and skills come hell or high water, from breaking and then figuring out the fixing of my lawnmower, my Benelli motor scooter, my VW Bug, my Opel Kadet, my Fiat 124 Spyder, etc. My best buddy from those halcyon days and I rebuilt brake systems, swapped engines, regeared rear ends, on and on, from when we were 15 to about 20.

You have to just get in there and do it as a youngster, make mistakes and learn from them, to be worth a turd at fixing stuff for the rest of your life. Even if you're going to hire mechanical services out, if you don't have a clue about the in's and out's, you are likely to become a victim.

My earlier mechanicing was rocking out in garages, birthday parties, and the local Teen Club. We were happy getting $10 a gig! :rockon:

Attachments

• youngboys 2 (Small).JPG
    youngboys 2 (Small).JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 35
I was amazed that the drummer's parents let us permanently set-up in the living room, so we could practice. NONE of our other parent's would allow that, lol. We'd meet up after school, jam, Mama Rose would fix us all dinner and we'd eat on TV trays, then go back to playing. Awesome parents!!!

Well, I couldn't carry a tune in a bag, and while my rhythm was fine and I was invited to climb onstage and jam with more than a few local bluegrass bands on my spoons back in my North Carolina college days...I did better under the hood or chassis of a car or truck, in general :).

Mama Rose had her kid at home, under her eyes a lot by providing a place where her kid could hang with friends, by the sounds of it. Wise.

Bid a job I'm very likely to get, on referral.

Luckily, its extremely mini-and-me compatible. Should make for an easy day or two of drinking coffee, snacking, banging over trees, stuffing the chipper, stacking firewood logs for them.

Last day of summer camp. The hot mom, who I was already acquainted with from years ago, through friends, showed up at the end to pick up her son, also a second grader. Dahlia was wanting to show me something at the beach. Hot mom and son were happening down there as well (chance or her plan, don't know). Turns out she has widowmakers from the Mid-February snowmageddon, that need looking at next week. Shared, teen wilderness therapy background. She's a finished grad school and seems settled in Oly for now, whereas in the past, she planned on moving to Seattle area after school, which was a no-go situation.

You were right about Mama Rose, for damn sure. She was full blood Italian and made the best meatballs I've ever eaten in my life! They crunched when you bit into them! She lived to be 100! :)

Nice!

Rich, aren't those feed wheel motors a monstrous bee yotch to remove from the feed wheels?

Back