How'd it go today?

Glad the week's over! Same job today, and it was the easiest it's been. Hot as hell, but less humidity, and a bit less stuff to carry. My day of clearing paid off. Much easier seeing around. One mishap was I cut a 8" tree that was in the way. It didn't fall like I expected. Got the wedges out, and they bottomed out before the tree went over, though they shouldn't have. Can't leave it like that, so I move my stuff, and cut through the hinge . Tree just stands there... Waaay up where I couldn't see, it was being held by some beefy vines. I cut the bottom off so I could see what I needed, but the rest is just hanging there. When I go back Monday, I'll pull it down with my new maasdam. That'll give me a good excuse to try it out.

Yessir! My faves for dunking!

I'd no idea it was friday 'til I read your post....I've lost track of what day it is...been going in 7 mornings a week since the boss had surgery...found out today it was messed up and now he went back in again today for a re-do...meaning another 3-4 weeks of going in everyday...oh joy!

Waaay up where I couldn't see, it was being held by some beefy vines. I cut the bottom off so I could see what I needed, but the rest is just hanging there. When I go back Monday, I'll pull it down with my new maasdam. That'll give me a good excuse to try it out.

Vines don't have to be big to be a big trouble. Maasdam for the win, we hope.

Shitty day today, weather blowing and squally rain and on a bank felling the last trees of this clearance job. Traffic lights up and single lane only until we fell and then both sets out on red until we give the say so. Gets the guy to set both on red and I fell some trees and look up to see my mate in the road talking to one guy in a car and 3 more cars behind him. I’m thinking WTF, did I not communicate properly or why had the guy flicked them back to go then find out Mr impatient decided to jump the red as he thought he’d been there a while and perhaps they were broken! Not surprising folks get hurt and it wasn’t as if I’d been ages as I’d been round and faced up about 4-5 trees as they’re not big so only shut the road when I had to put in the back cuts. Followed on by having an Ash split up on me in the wind which in turn fell and ripped and came down on my ankle bone. Carried on for the rest of the day but felt it swelling and hurt like hell. Sat here now with it blown up and ice packs on it. Wife wants me to go have an x Ray in the morning. Some days you really wish you could do over!!

Outa work in 10 minutes. Gonna shower and probably Uber to Niagara Falls with the old lady and see my cousins blues band. Took 4 hours vacation in the morning so I’ll be having some Jameson :)

Rebuilding a rotten door frame for the GF. Lots of woodwork and angles and slots and crap.

Guess what she said?

1. Oh thank you for all your hard work, you saved me $3000 for a new double door.

Or

2. When is it going to be done? I can't stand not having my back door. You don't know how hard it is!!

Just got out of bed .5hr ago. Went to bed last "night" about 20 minutes before my alarm went off to go to work. I never heard it. Feeling like crap. I got some kind of upper respiratory thing going I think was caused by getting overheated last week. Before this, I can't remember the last time I was sick. It's like the "good" old days when I still smoked, and illness was my friend :^/

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I felt like that it was the beginning of lung cancer for me. If I woulda done something about it when I felt that way, they might have caught it before it got to stage IV. I just blew it off...

I read it! I don't think I'm ready to jump to a cancer diagnosis yet. Pretty sure it's just from running too hot, and too hard. If it lasts too long I may get it checked out. Maybe not too. You gotta die sometime, and it bothers me pumping money into the corrupt medical system. I don't have insurance, and I pay cash for everything. That means you get the special cash price which is some exponential percentage over what the insurance companies(worthless middleman leeches that provide zero value) pay, cause frig you. I'd rather not participate.

Just like saving up for a car, tractor, chainsaw... save up for a checkup. Sometimes you can negotiate a price you can live with. You have to keep low balling them though, and they might even accept your low ball offer because plenty of people are using insurance.

I've got a good bit of cash, but a checkup can go two ways. You've got some kind of bug, and it'll be gone next week, or you've got our next 30 boat payments, and we're not gonna tell you how much it'll cost, and we aren't gonna stop treating you til you run out of money.

I'm not worried about it. There aren't any dead people wishing they went to the doctor earlier, didn't smoke, or didn't stick a knife in the face of guy trying to take their wallet. They're just dead. There's nothing to do but keep going til you don't. It's an eventuality nobody escapes.

It's not a bug that shows up - it's cancer, nothing else. If I woulda done it at 50, I bet I woulda caught it.

Dead may not be so bad - it's the dying part that can be a real PITA.

Back