How'd it go today?

I'm going to take the Coolvest out for its first spin of the season.

The guys that don't want to get wet, mostly don't want to get hot, either. Melty.

Dahlia is a Coasty---thinks she's melting at 82, sitting in the shade... dry, eastern WA, over the Cascades is hot and dry in the summer. Cold and sunny most of the winter.

I sure don't miss the heat. Every summer it was getting worse for me: I knew the end was near.

My mood goes south in the spring, and doesn't improve til it's cool out. Could hardly get motivated to leave the house this morning. Never liked the heat, and I like it less every year. Just to troll me, summer lasts longer than it did in years past. Spring stays cool longer too, but winters are lame. Hardly get any real cold anymore.

We stopped having winters about 10, 15 years ago. My long underwear's gonna last me the rest of my life!!!

I use my long underwear, but I don't wear winter jackets much anymore. My standard winter loadout is long underwear. a Tshirt, a really thin buttonup shirt, and BDU/ACU pants/jacket. I sometimes add a light vest.

I've picked up some heavier jackets from the thrift shop over the years with the intention of having good work jackets when my current wears out, but it doesn't look like I'll get around to wearing them. The handful of days a year I want a heavier jacket, I use my old Carhartt I expected would die years ago, but keeps on going due to lack of use.

Even back when we had winters, I only wore my LJ maybe a week or two out of the season. It takes some serious cold/wind to make me break them out!

Today driving home in the chipper and truck.... along the freeway I noticed people Honking and Pointing behind me at the chipper....

So.. I pulled over and found the brake drums smoking...

The old pigtail dragged and was ruined a week ago... I just picked up this new pigtail... using it somehow caused a short and set the brakes off....

I was like Rad.... I'll just drive no pigtail, no lights, no trailer brakes all the way home....

Appointment on Monday to fix.... Rad factor 9.

Awesome. Mine, I have to unplug at night because the running lights trip the brakes. Still looking for that short. I'll probably just rewire the chipper.. ..
My last few hot days have been working in the shade mostly. Nice Oracle oak, crown raise and cable over a roof that is slated for a new one. Tarps rocked the pool area. Some sky light targets etc. Add on for tomorrow is to remove the TV antenna the previous owners had put in it.
Lifted some on the other side as well prior to the roofing CO coming.

Attachments

• 20190801_112003.jpg
    20190801_112003.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190801_134620.jpg
    20190801_134620.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190801_112013.jpg
    20190801_112013.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190801_134624.jpg
    20190801_134624.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190801_134709.jpg
    20190801_134709.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190801_134713.jpg
    20190801_134713.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190801_134749.jpg
    20190801_134749.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 43
Yeah trailer electrical issues are fun, I got my trailer brakes mostly working again, now its only occasionally that the brakes activate which each blink of left turn signal:|:

It amazes me seeing ya'll climb all stifled-up in bulky clothing. I'd hate it!

I usually peel off a few layers. Many thin layers is better than fewer thick layers. The newer fabrics are pretty amazing. I like silk and marino wool throw a fleece in the mix and the static charge can light up Manhattan.

We wrecked a large Horse chestnut with a small drop zone today.
Pulled Richard out of the feller-buncher and got him to help.

Haven't been doing much arb work lately, it was really nice to work with a well functioning team on that tree.

Wish I'd brought my camera.

How's the FB working out? Did I miss pics of it and first cuts etc?

So far it is working out great.
The big question is, whether there'll be enough work for it in the long run.

I haven't posted any pictures.
When ever I have been out to it, I haven't thought to bring my camera.

I'm an idiot that way.

Wood has to dry out first...it's all pressure treated

or were you looking at the rest of the disaster....:/:

Don't paint pressure treated! I have never seen or heard of the paint sticking and the wood rotting faster if painted.

Back