How'd it go today?

Just hung around the house. Did some reflecting, reading, watched a movie, hung out with the dog, caught up on some forums, gave a fiddle lesson...typical day.

:lol: I doubt he cares much! He's doing fine...good dog...put him on some supplements due to limping but so far he's improved quite a lot.

Ha! yes all July is train "robberies".

He barks at them. but I think more to let me know there are people walking on "his" turf.

He likes to howl when the train blows it's whistle...I think it might hurt his ears.

Storms don't bother him...one cam in last night while we were in the camper cooling off...thought the wind might blow it over so we headed back for the house...didn't phase him.

I got to do a day of felling pine saplings on THursday...little stuff, nothing bigger than 16" but on a hillside with a bike track running through and stuck amongst other stuff, and they'd backburned through there a few months ago.
It was good to get some felling time, keep my hand in, I got my groundie to do the limbing and crosscutting, then did a tutorial on small tree felling, got her to put about five tiddlers on the ground, straight trees, just enough weight distribution for them to fall, no wind, first time felling for her...she loved it. Give her some more time and practice, she'll be right :)

...and to link with that no sugar thread, I was up and down that hill all day...felt pretty good with it :)

Went to the beach, swimming in Niagara river. Think I got sunburned on the backs of my knees.
Then went for Cajun food, had a crab cake po boy. Cool restaurant, the family had a restaurant in New Orleans and evacuated during Katrina, they came here to stay with distant family and decided to stay and open another restaurant and sell the old one.
http://www.dickandjennysny.com/about-us

Well, been a busy one here. Finally buttoned up the 4x4 that started leaking tranny fluid. Cooler line broke and I broke the cooler trying to put in a new line. Ordered a new betterer cooler and made the brackets to locate it more sensibly on the passangers side with a gap between it and the condenser. Last owner strapped it to the condenser and the hose clamps rubbed it bad. 20190719_181443.jpg 20190719_181428.jpg
Finally got the pressure pump I ordered installed this last week. Sponge baths for a week when that broke. No water pressure in the house from the tank. Not reccommended.. Just a trickle from gravity.
Robs truck broke something, digging in on that.
Finally got the right o rings for the John Deere trans filter. Damn that sux to get in right. Freezer helped, but I bought like ten of the buggers as I destroyed 3 before that.
Now I have to order upgrade brakes for the 4x4. It just ate another set of rotors. Da.nDa.n all the weight we shuffle on the hills we do. Love trying to stop a 7500# plus chipper with a moth 1k in the bed on an 8% grades coming into town behind tourist traffic.

Haha! Yeah, my buddy had his shallow well jet pump go bad.

I tells him to go to fleet and buy a Red Lion.

He goes to Amazon and buys a 60 dollar "240" volt pump.

It was foreign 240 volt.....no good.

He then called to say that he picked one up from Fleet. A red lion pump......

Yeah, red lion rocks. The family has run that damn pump dry sooooooo many times and it lasted about 3 years. This will be my 3rd one due to the same abuse. Kids filling troughs and Katy too.
Robs has lasted almost 10 years now.

hmmm...I've had the same pump here for over 50yrs and i think it was old when we bought the place.

Small tornado hit the golf course yesterday where I work. Guess I have the weekend off until insurance adjuster gets a look at things...lots of trees & limbs down, power (480 and 110) out, some small roof damage on the clubhouse...actually pretty lucky damage-wise.

hmmm...I've had the same pump here for over 50yrs and i think it was old when we bought the place.

Well, it would probably have lasted way longer had the kids and Katy not run it dry repetitively for hours at a time over three years. The fact it took the abuse for that many impresses me.

It's been a good one...ran dry and ran sand a few times when the tip went bad twice, but still ticking...

Get some Dam's milk from the vet, or euthanize them.

And keep them separated from each other, never seeing the other.

Fwiw next time, we've had very good luck with saving the nest with babies in it and putting it on the stump after job is done, Ma comes back very soon to retrieve and relocate them

Are grey squirrels rare in your part of the world?

I was helping a friend remove some smallish globe juniper and got stung by wasps 5 times in my left hand, cant make a fist it's so puffy. And itchy fugging itchy.

Back