How'd it go today?

I fixed our Samsung glass top range today. The "HOT SURFACE" light stayed on continuously which disabled the self-cleaning function. The culprit was a bad heat sensor on the largest heating element. Turns out you can't buy a new sensor; you have to purchase the whole heating element which is about $175 so I opted to unplug the faulty sensor instead.

I fixed our Samsung glass top range today. The "HOT SURFACE" light stayed on continuously which disabled the self-cleaning function. The culprit was a bad heat sensor on the largest heating element. Turns out you can't buy a new sensor; you have to purchase the whole heating element which is about $175 so I opted to unplug the faulty sensor instead.

Impressive diagnosing. Are you the kind of guy who can fix most anything??

Lol I just paid 750$ yesterday because our galss top range stopped working, guy replaced the computer:/:

I have an eight burner gas commercial stove/oven combo. Built like a tank, would survive a gas explosion if we ever had one! Oven temp control is a bit wonky, but it makes things turn out "just like mom used to make" -- on the Dark Side, in other words.

GP, remembering you use a hand truck, I thought I'd post this simple, extremely useful mod...
Easy to buck the log 80%, off of the ground, with less bending, then dump with the uncut part up, if possible.
Thanks -- we are about to swap out our hand truck at Harbor Freight. 700 lbs? We've never put 700 on it, but sure enough bent the bearings. And the wheel flanges are a joke -- bent the 2nd day. We plan on replacing those and doing some more modifications like yours to make it more like a cradle.

Buck that log? Heck, we'd chip it as is if wasn't worth keeping for firewood. Vermeer says, "Yum!"

And showing that in the universe for every action there’s an equal and opposite reaction.

I’m a guy who can frig almost anything up.

My stove is 40 years old.

Nice horsey!

Good troubleshooting Mellow.

My GF's natural gas fireplace failed to light. Bad thermopile. PITA to replace. Then her sewer line clogs up. Raw sewage coming up through her kitchen sink and mainfloor bathroom. She likes to flush food down the toilet, to my disapproval, but what do I know?! I left her for a day without sewer. Mine works. Haha. Got that cleared. Then her laundry tub pump clogs. Haha!

My best friend and I have made a habit out of having a dressage class every saturday or sunday under a very hard and demanding Swiss teacher.

Hard as hell, but also lots of fun for a couple of oldish boys who were in the same riding academy as teenagers.

20181021_132250.jpg

Got it all built for the most part... got the aluminium box modified, till i ran out of rods. It'll work for now. Got the skid in and bolted down, wasn't able to get the boom truck fired up immediately so I'll just have a machine at work lift it in. Not painted yet, and still planning on some more welding to get it perfect, but I'm gonna run it for now and see how everything works on it. The tools are in complete disarray but it's slowly coming together. I'll do more pics after the machine is on it.

Stacking mucho lumber, again, better, and more sorted and on pallets. Wet-erization, rather than winterization.
Working on some drainage on my barn.

Going to break my break from tree work, been off all last week doing maintenance.

Start small with a dead grand fir, then move onto the 5' dbh stumpy cedar. It stands by itself, and I didn't measure, but it looks short for its girth.

What could I do with some big cedar slabs? Table-tops for picnic tables? I've got to take the 20"+ stuff, one way or another. A local guy has a Lucas Slabber that would handle some girth. I should give him a text, now.

Back