How'd it go today?

At that age, and with no young kids, I'd guess...fwiw, a long life.

If I didn't have a kid, and lived my life this far, and went out quickly (I hope he did), I'd be satisfied, honestly.

Young kids will do that to people, I think.

I thought about starting to write Dahlia all sorts of things to be opened in the event of my premature death. The more time I have have had with her, the less I think about that. YMMV.

Not average. Some don't make it past a few days. Some a few years.

An ex-gf of mine had both parents die at 40ish, a year or two apart, when she was 19.

My neighbors' dad died at about 50.

All my grandparents died before I was born or could remember. 67 y.o.ish

61 years, relatively healthy is a long time to do a lot of living. A very long time compared to the past.

Living to see a grandchild is goal for many.

What is the life expectancy of a male born in 1960?
A 50-year-old man born on July 1, 1960 currently has a life expectancy of 81, according to the SSA's new life expectancy calculator, released last week. Once he makes it to age 67 his live expectancy grows to 84.4 years and if he hits 70 the average life expectancy is 85.3 years.Jul 22, 2010

Some people are genetically longer-lived, and there is lifestyle. I've heard some people specialize in climbing dead and rotten trees for a living.

61 is a long life, imo, I'd be grateful to make it that far in decent shape!

Rich, did you start a tree business??

Cory, did not know your climber left, what happened? Sorry, I gather you already posted the details but I couldn't find it.... Sounds like it has worked out well anyways.

Jim, sorry to hear about your friend, just passed by a fatal motorcycle crash a few minutes ago what a way to go!

Was he youngish?...No. He was 61.

Thanks a lot

Cory, did not know your climber left, what happened? Sorry, I gather you already posted the details but I couldn't find it.... Sounds like it has worked out well anyways.

He re-fell in love with a the girl he dated 10 years ago, she now lives in SC, he gave me several months notice re leaving, he was highly skilled, I've heard from him since, still madly in love but does not like SC at all, too F'g hot and too many hillbillies

Yes that is him. Hillbillies might not like his skin color, specially cuz his woman is white.

oh shit yeah, I heard that can be a problem in that part of the world... he better get her back to yankee land quick!

A bit of good luck for once!

My truck's ac went out and I've been dreading dropping the $800+ it'll probably take to get it fixed. It turned out to be a $25 part! WHOOT!!!

Back