How'd it go today?

Everything in the place ran off drive lines in the ceiling except the “welder” and a horizontal mill. Damn medieval chithole.

Sounds like my kinda place. If I worked inside, that picture looks exactly like a place I'd like to work.

“Sounds like my kinda place.”

No heat or plumbing, lighting so bad ya had to carry a flashlight. Ya didn’t dare reach into any place you couldn’t see because of the rats copperheads and brown recluse. Yeah it was paradise.

And we have a fire over the hill from us in the river canyon. Started yesterday afternoon and really took off today....

Attachments

• 20191007_153123.jpg
    20191007_153123.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 35
It does look close. That really blows, I’m sorry to hear it. Hope all is well with you and yours, Stephen.

Residents just over the hill from us are on notice they may have to evac. Not more than a couple miles of road, but a lot closer as the crow flies. Of course, it's all up hill before pur place :|:

Still only at 5% containment today.
We have wind event warnings for the next two days. So today will be critical. Thanks for all the well wishing guys. Hard climbing in Smokey air. Might call it an early day.

Still only at 5% containment today.
We have wind event warnings for the next two days. So today will be critical. Thanks for all the well wishing guys. Hard climbing in Smokey air. Might call it an early day.

Stay low Stephen; the only smoke you should have to tolerate is that from a stogie or joint (depending on preferences)... ;)
Hoping you and the family stay safe.

Sloth mode
Mostly did pole saw today to save my breath. Just one ascent instead of 7 today.
Fire is growing now. Might be shipping kids to Grandmas tonight or tomorrow. Wind event warnings next two days....

If you zoom in on this map. We are at Colorado and E Whitlock roads. Fire is running sort of towards us right now but a tad south west direction of burn.

Attachments

• 20191008_164249.jpg
    20191008_164249.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 38
There's been some foreign object on your camera lens for a while, and it's starting to annoy me.

Once I had to actually take apart my little point & shoot camera to clean the sensor window because when trying to blow dust off the lens blew it behind the lenses.

Send the chillins to safety and bail if need be.

I got dumped into a border war shit show between a owner, a builder, and the neighbor. Long story short builder trashed the neighbor's yard now there is no access to a tree.

Camara lens broke on the phone. The part that covers the actual eye. The fix is a new phone. .. sorry.
This is a cam shot from mt bullion just opposite from us and the fire. This is the beast behind us. Kids are going to my mom's in the am.
They have been back firing as much as possible to try and slow this thing down. It's making it's own weather now. So, well see.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570582248590.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570582248590.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32
Back