How'd it go today?

Soaked here!
Used the lift to restring a flag pole, in the rain, at my old grade school and now my daughters school and sold a gutter cleaning gig on the church by happenstance. Then sold three more jobs. Good day all around.

Tough job today.
Russian couple unfreaking believable. Glass balls, sculptures, art work, zero landing areas, etc etc. what a nightmare. The pathway Picts are the most open areas. Every tiny bit of brush had to be carefully lowered, then painstakingly hauled down the tiny pathways.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry, I have no friggin' idea why these pics are not oriented correctly

see if this worked:

Attachments

• fffffff.jpg
    fffffff.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 41
  • ffffff.jpg
    ffffff.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 42
  • fffff.jpg
    fffff.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 42
  • ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 41
  • fff.jpg
    fff.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 41
More than glad to help. The eccentricity of that situation is more apparent with the right side up pictures.

That kind of setup could get tedious in a hurry.

That looks painful Frans

I am having a day off today & going fishing for salmon & steelhead - I have been mainly contract climbing on a hazard tree removal program & it is some really crappy work on dying ash trees so I am ready for the break.

I recall a reduction pruning over a bunch of christmas decorations. "They will be removed". Sure enough, they weren't.

Easy day. I did one job, then straightened up the truck, made a few supplies, and helped the boss with his computer. Bad part is I about killed myself earlier this week working overtime in the heat to get stuff done, and still ended up with <40hrs. I don't care much about the money. That's just the consolation prize for forever losing my time, but it still kinds sucks not getting anything extra for the extra effort, which included buying a new $800 brushcutter since my other $800 brushcutter was in the shop :^/

I will for sure. Boss said he was gonna be working on the farm this weekend. He mentioned making some boards for his horse stalls out of the ash I've been playing with. I might see if he has time to show me exactly what he's talking about, and I can do some milling this weekend. Been working on the ash just for practice, but I don't have any real use for it atm. Having a definable project will be good motivation, and it's supposed to be fairly nice tomorrow. Was considering taking down my dead spruce, but I want it to be cooler. Looking forward to climbing it with a crisp breeze in my face :^)

BTW, you have a great weekend also! :^)

Had a late start, after selling more lot clearing for a builder, after dropping off at school.

Second new guy is a champ. He's a vet, and used to procedures and stuff to keep us safe.

Finished brushing out this maple, shuttled the chipper/ chip truck out, maybe about 14 yards of chips off it. Got crazy and upsized saws, from the Little Echo to an MS 250 to chunk some wood.

Tomorrow, picking up a new-to-me Honda Odessey van that I happened upon, going to replace my little Rover SUV with something with more room.

I wish I could find a good mind-reader groundie, but up until know, like my mind-reading skills, theirs have been unworkable.

Short of mind-readers, guys who can communicate, go with Plan the Work, Work the Plan, and Call and Respond, make it so much easier to deal with dangerous trees (which most are far from dangerous) with the least amount of risk and effort. This week has been interesting A-game all week. Not scary, just A-game. I didn't feel like any trips to the gym this week, for sure.

If I can get safe, competent guys, who I can send out together, without screwing up, cutting corners, etc, it will be a super game changer.

The kid is getting older and more predictable for needs, so work can go smoother and more planned. The new school she goes to is freeing me up from nonsense at her co-op school last year, which will be settled soon.

Back