How'd it go today?

All done opening in the mornings at the golf course for this year...slept in a bit the last couple days.:)

Have some hit & miss work to do over the next month or so 'til we're totally closed up for the season.

Guess we'll be open one more year if the boss's health holds out. Sure hope so...it's a perfect fit for me

Doubtful. If they'd sell, maybe, but they only want to lease it, which most aren't at all interested in.

Get a little stained from the beets?

Pickled beets are good. I make some ghetto pickled beets for work sometimes. Just open a can of sliced beets, put them in a different container, pour some of the liquid out, and refill with apple cider vinegar; no sugar. Let it sit overnight. A friend of mine made real pickled beets, and added cloves. The cloves were a good addition.

Good to hear :^)

Back on my little job from hell today. Hauled about 150# of stuff 600' into the woods(2 trips). Started cutting a little, got a call they wanted stakeout back where I started. Didn't get anything laid out, but I had to break it all down and carry my survey stuff out, leaving the brushcutter and my backpack(including the blueprints). I had set it up in the field book, so I didn't think I needed them. Get out there, and the guy wants something I didn't setup. Walk back, and get the rest of my stuff...

While laying out the creek, the clearing guy was falling trees, so I was keeping an eye on him. He dropped one I had to be mindful of, so I stopped to watch. It starts going over, and it's going correctly, so it shouldn't affect me at all. While it was crashing through the canopy, it threw a fairly large branch straight towards me. Thought I was gonna have to run for it. It went an amazingly long way, but fell ~20' short of where I was standing. That was the fun part of the day. Got enough wood in the ground to keep the guys busy for the rest of the week(I hope), and I broke for lunch at 2pm(3 hours later than I prefer)...

Pretty much quitting time after lunch, but I wanted to at least get some stuff cleared. Take the brushcutter back to where I started in the morning, and went back at it. Cut for maybe .5hr, and my blade fell off. I recovered everything but the nut. Screwed by Husqvarna again... Not sure what the issue is, but my last one would unscrew itself also. That shouldn't happen, and it didn't with my echo. All the hassle of getting another brushcutter, and it lasted ~1.5hr :^S Did some cutting with the chainsaw, and went back to the office. Picked up a new nut on the way. I wanted two, but they only had one in stock. Going back tomorrow. Supposed to be 90° as it should on a nice fall day, so I'm expecting tomorrow to be positively delightful...

That looks really nice. I especially like the "basket twists"(don't know what they're called). I guess you made them yourself?

edit:
Nevermind the question. Having reading comprehension issues tonight I guess :^/

Well, Red Oak Tree Service is making progress. The fargin' (quick, who can name the movie that's from) wonderful state of NJ (after 2+ weeks) finished screwing up my corp code/commercial DL application and delivered it yesterday, so I was able to finally title and register the truck and take it out on the road "legally". Morbark dealer indicated the chipper is going through final check out at the manufacturer, and they hope to have it delivered next week. Then I hit the mini jackpot over the weekend and found 2 local guys w/fairly solid backgrounds who want to bail on their current employment and come be brush/rope monkeys full time. All the jobs I have lined up should allow me to give the double middle finger salute to my current corporate overlords by the end of next week, and hit the ground running!

Bob, impressive work.

BeerGeek. Good news. Congrats! Getjobber.com is very helpful to me, and many.
Dual referral bonus possibly, BTW. Used to be.

Free trial month, or used to be.

IDK if BoDean is still using it. He's got a lot on his plate to manage!

The posts and channel I got from a local steel supplier, everything else I got from www.kingmetals.com If they don’t have it you don’t need it... for railing anyway.
Nice work! And thanks for the link.
Well, Red Oak Tree Service is making progress. The fargin' (quick, who can name the movie that's from) wonderful state of NJ (after 2+ weeks) finished screwing up my corp code/commercial DL application and delivered it yesterday, so I was able to finally title and register the truck and take it out on the road "legally". Morbark dealer indicated the chipper is going through final check out at the manufacturer, and they hope to have it delivered next week. Then I hit the mini jackpot over the weekend and found 2 local guys w/fairly solid backgrounds who want to bail on their current employment and come be brush/rope monkeys full time. All the jobs I have lined up should allow me to give the double middle finger salute to my current corporate overlords by the end of next week, and hit the ground running!

Congrats!

Another rain day (3rd in a row now)...getting to know my new mandolin pretty well this week.

Heading up to a buddies on Sat to have him scoop/lower the "Florida" section at the end of the fingerboard. It's a non-used, decorative section that makes an annoying clicking noise when the pick makes contact with it.

Back