How'd it go today?

Congratulations Jonny!

Man, that's some desolate looking terrain Jim. Thought about planting some stuff? Might make a nice windbreak. If it was over here, I'd suggest eastern red cedar. Almost expected to see some in the background. An open field like that would have a bunch after not too long around here. They smell nice, and are good shelter for birds.

Congratulations Jonny!

Man, that's some desolate looking terrain Jim. Thought about planting some stuff? Might make a nice windbreak. If it was over here, I'd suggest eastern red cedar. Almost expected to see some in the background. An open field like that would have a bunch after not too long around here. They smell nice, and are good shelter for birds.

Trees do not do well here.

I do have some shelter belts around and about. I would love to plant some more....but its a full time job getting a tree to survive here.

Hopefully in the future!

There have never been trees here, not like they were all cut down for agriculture.

Picked up some chestnuts today. I'm gonna try planting them. I'd like to have a couple. Looked up how to do it. Said to put them in a ziploc bag with damp peat moss, and put them in the fridge til February. I don't have peat moss, so I'll use potting soil

edit:
Oh. and I got my mesh visor for my helmet today. Total for my system is about $300. Didn't seem like that much buying the stuff a piece at a time :^/

Congrats Jonny. Corian huh? If you’re dealing with what I think you are, any chance you could bring a sample (32”x 30’) to the tcia in Pittsburg?
Edit. Bull nose with 6” back splash

Picked up some chestnuts today. I'm gonna try planting them. I'd like to have a couple. Looked up how to do it. Said to put them in a ziploc bag with damp peat moss, and put them in the fridge til February. I don't have peat moss, so I'll use potting soil

edit:
Oh. and I got my mesh visor for my helmet today. Total for my system is about $300. Didn't seem like that much buying the stuff a piece at a time :^/

You know what's expensive, a stick in the eye. Double-layer of protection has saved eyes. I saw one-eye Bob today. True story.

Got a new fuel pump put into my grinder. That was satisfying to diagnose and repair onsite, cheap and easy.

Wrapping up a long project. The homeowner is ecstatic with the new look of her property. Probably worked on 50 trees, pruning and removal. Four more stumps to grind, and pack out the grinder and Arbor-trolley.

Going to take a maintenance break...ya, right.

Got my house cleaned today while I was working, and Alturnamats delivered. Eight 2x8s, and four 4x8 dual-textured. Just in time.

12 total mats... Can always use more.

They came earlier than expected, just in time!!
Weather is changing... Have a septic system to cross.

I have a fair bit of plywood, 10-15 full sheets, and some halves... First time with real mats.
Lighter than expected!!

Since I don't carry around a scale to weigh things, I have no real feeling it weight, with accuracy. Idk what plywood weighs.

Pleasantly surprised!!

They have holes for connectors, and one finger per hand, at least. They will stack on the mini okay, I think. Have to figure efficient way to manage and use them. I have a light duty 4x8 trailer that will probably become dedicated for power and mats. The mini will move it where mats are needed.

Yea, I'm concious of where I stick my fingers. Worked with a guy who lost one rolling a volleyball net mount. Stuck his finger in a hole, and it got away from him. Rolled his finger off. Also worked with a guy missing an eye. Was bullpinning some stakes in the ground, and a metal chip hit him in the eye.

A couple holes and some old climbline would make a quick handhold.

12 total mats... Can always use more.

They came earlier than expected, just in time!!
Weather is changing... Have a septic system to cross.

I have a fair bit of plywood, 10-15 full sheets, and some halves... First time with real mats.
Lighter than expected!!

Since I don't carry around a scale to weigh things, I have no real feeling it weight, with accuracy. Idk what plywood weighs.

Pleasantly surprised!!

Congrats on the mats! I am managing quotes at the moment for 2 dozen 4x8 clear.
How were they delivered? Were you able to unload with the mini or did you need to use a dock?
Also cutting a hand hold with a router should be easy but may violate the warranty.

Only the tip of my fingers, they aren't that heavy. Fingers are useful.

They came early, and unannounced. I"ll take 'em!

As I happened to get home in the middle of the day for a battery charger, ya I guess I left the key "on" when I walked away from the grinder last, and there is a short semi in my driveway with a large lift-gate. The delivery driver (I try to quit calling people "guy" like "tree guy", as I haven't worked this hard to be a 'tree guy') was scratching his head a bit. He had a twisted/ tipping pallet jack with a double-pallet/ mats/ double pallet/ mats layer cake on top. I think he was relieved when I showed up looking happy and telling him they are made for beating on, not to worry, and lets just flip them over on the gravel.

Some lightweight cord should be enough for hand-carrying while loading and unloading from whatever wheels I'm using for the task at hand.

Back on my stream restoration job. The clearing guy hasn't been on site, so they're clearing themselves. They should have me do it. I'm not exactly Joe Pro, but I have a clue on taking down trees. There's some scary looking stumps out there. Barberchairs, and hung up trees all over the place. Someone's might end up getting hurt. I'm continuing on limit of disturbance. Getting into some nasty greenbriar. Hate that stuff. It's like stringtrimmer line with thorns. Hard to cut. Gonna take my brushcutter tomorrow. Clear some sightlines, and get the stream banks trimmed up so I can walk.

I didn't know they made clear mats! Do they cost more?

Yeah I'd like to know more about those. Black burns the grass in idk, 15 minutes. But even white, when left in direct blazing sun for awhile can burn the grass. I wonder if clear is burn proof?

Back