How'd it go today?

My first thought was, " I sure hopes he cleans the place up before I come visiting".

We are merciless here at the 'House, Jim.

The lift is all fixed and running like a top.
After three hours of checking valves and switches it came down to the parts label on the hydro tank magnet that was blocking flow to the pump. All that for a mother fuggin parts label. I am sure All Access will have a few things to say to CMC on this service call.

Plus it's my moms birthday so she got a ride to the top.

Glad they figured it out Rajan. All Access should be able to bill CMC for that I would hope. Let us know how it works for you both early on and after a while.
Nice flag Jim.

Had a head ache day. My main guy called off so I was left with the newish guy and another guy that we call Bare Minimum. Decent sized silver maple removal right over a metal fence. It went ok. Newbie isn’t very good on the ropes. It feels good to know I can still Dig my spurs in good and cowboy up.

Glad they figured it out Rajan. All Access should be able to bill CMC for that I would hope. Let us know how it works for you both early on and after a while.
Nice flag Jim.

Had a head ache day. My main guy called off so I was left with the newish guy and another guy that we call Bare Minimum. Decent sized silver maple removal right over a metal fence. It went ok. Newbie isn’t very good on the ropes. It feels good to know I can still Dig my spurs in good and cowboy up.

Will do!
Bare Minimum :lol: I feel your pain.

Bare Minimum, haha.

The Power Company Lineman, whom I'm acquainted with, came to drop a line for me. Asked if I had any help. I asked if he meant employees or help:lol:. I told him the ground helps a ton, friction, triggers...the mini, stumper, chipper, etc show up every day.

He said he likes working alone. No BS from Bare Minimum non-sense (maybe in this case, the Boss' son). The lineman said his buddy can't barely get a week out of a new guy, too much work, on ladders and roofs, at the guy's roofing company for new-hires. Said his buddy works circles around the young guys. Aren't worth a shit. Grew up soft.

91% THC concentrates aren't helping the average laborer, either.

Got a new job at the plant, shift team leader for a Corian sheetline. :)

Tops out on pay for bargaining unit employees, make the same cash as the millwrights/ mechanics, senior lab analysts, and electricians. Only way to get more is go into supervision/ management which ain’t happening for me.
Bit more responsibility. Gotta facilitate a meeting every morning, report on scrap, downtime, safety incidents, environmental deviations, maintenance work orders, line break permits, blah blah blah. Lots of troubleshooting on the casting wet end and dry end of the process but that’s all equipment I’ve run before.

I’ll have to work on my computer skills a bit and figure out where everything is.

Now I don’t feel so bad about disqualifying myself from the millwright trainee program I was in, the pay cut and no overtime was way harder than I expected. Really liked the work and had some real good coworkers, but would’ve taken 3 years to qualify and just couldn’t afford it after child support.

Excuse me for gushing lol just pretty happy and excited here.

Gush away, Dude.
That is IMO what this place is all about.
Somewhere to share the good and bad stuff with a like minded bunch.

Så rigtig mange gange til lykke fra mig også!

Tak skal du have Stig!

Did you cut down your only tree Jim?
If it’s box elder, it’ll be back before too long lol.

At least he cut it.
Somehow, knowing Jim, I would have figured a D9 as part of it.

I dont know what kind of tree it was. It wasn't a cotton wood or a meddling Russian olive.

Those are the only two I know.

I didnt leave much hinge it doesn't look like either....

That tree and another, were growing right against the back wall of my shop. The shop is dug into the side of a hill.

I hated to cut it down....but was worried that eventually the roots would push the back wall in.

Back