How'd it go today?

Since my wood pile is next to the creek on my property, when I find them, I just feed the fishes

Another decent day at the campground. Killed a few more trees. This job was bid as busy work on day rate so I’m seizing the chance to let the others run it. Besides my normal two guys I have a new hire I’m evaluating. He’s doing ok. An ok climber and bucket operator. Today I did some climbing while having #3 of the crew rope. A bit slow of a start but he figured it out pretty quick. I rigged way more than I needed to just to get him more practice. At home now resisting the urge to pick off a cardinal that keeps making a mess of my truck. Stupid thing keeps trying to fight its reflection in my mirrors and on my bumpers and front grill. I need to go find something to do before he pisses me off

Kansas just started selling full strength beer in grocery & convenience stores on April 1st. (As far as ideas as to what you could go do instead of bird watching...)

Cross your fingers... I just put in a 1.02 Million dollar bid....

Sure hope I get it.... haha.

Had to let it out... couldn't hold it in... biggest bid I've ever submitted...

Butch trying to get a little more before the reveal... more wow factor... :)

Rich? I’m just trying to handle everything that comes my way....like fishing... Everything in the boat!

Yeah, Stephen... probably could use some if I get this next DPW thing going in July.

Hope you get it Deva, and i hope it's high enough!!!! Missing bids at that level is no joke!!!!! Remember to keep track of extras outside of the contract, can make or break you at that level.

Hahaha Kyle...True that. .. I'm nervous.

I spent 8 hours today putting it together... but a yeah...

Sean it's reforesting an entire neighborhood... trees, stumps, soil and replanting new trees... 20190404_080030.jpg

Hell yeah man!!! Renting an excavator with a grapple saw/ shear or anything like that? I guess an outfit did that around here on a row clearing on a busy road, took down all the trees in an hour and a half hahahahaha. Buying/ running a crane?

Our main climber used to work for a Denver treeco. Latino ground man he worked with was grinding a stump, everything marked out, gas was supposed to be avg. 4' down, or at minimum 2' depth. Guy hit the gas main! Tree roots had pushed it up to just 6-12" below grade. Guy freaked out, ran a block away, leaving the grinder going on top of the main spewing out natural gas. Climber did a quick descent, then did the alligator crawl over to the grinder and shut it down so it wouldn't spark anything. Took the gas co. at least 30-45 min to respond and start dealing with it. That's why I don't trust the 811 dig hotline markings. Suspicion and intuition has kept me from hitting anything major but a couple of surface buried coax lines that were satellite dish feeds.

Yeah really keep track of your dig tickets (duh) :lol: I'm not sure what the gas company has there, if plastic services keep a roll of duct tape by everybody and if you cut one, fold it over and tape it. Fire extinguishers by every hole. And if you hit a main, don't even attempt if lol. Be very careful of probing plastic pipe.

Back