How'd it go today?

Clumping cat litter. Cats Pride is made by the Oil-Dri company. I'm guessing it was originally made for oil, and someone thought it would be a good idea for cats.

I saw the picture Sean. I think that was a bend in the steel that broke, not a weld. Either way it sucks.
Mick, didn’t you just buy a new chipper because your last one broke welds every other day?

Yes I did, a second hand new to me Schliesing, 75hp. But I kept the smaller one because A: I still owe 10k on it and B: The Schliesing at 2.2 tonne is a little big to tow around for Mrs Miggins apple tree job. I keep hoping that one day we’ll solve all the issues. So I guess I’m a dreamer!

Took the wifey and kids up to that cabin we worked around since we had an open invite. Originally, we were going over night. But the kids starred coming down with colds. So up at 7000 feet of elevation for some Brookie fishing. Guy on the creek caught one. Lucky if you catch more than two in a spot. Thinner air got to Levi and Katy, so just chilled then got a budget at the store and drove for sight seeing. Pleasant day. 20190914_111232.jpg 20190914_111245.jpg
In contrast, today I get to pull the radiator on the chipper and replace the fan. Seems a fin came up missing:|:

Sean as for a spill kit I just had a commercially available one that came in a five gallon pail. In these parts they're readily available at any commercial supply or equipment dealer. Up here that covered my ass for obligations of what I needed on hand. Never did have to use it, but it road everyday in the boom truck regardless.

Cool doings everyone. Chill weekend here consisting of house painting, eaves cleaning, carpet cleaning. And of course motorcycling!8)

Hows the little apple tree in front of your house doing?

Too bad you couldn't stay overnight!

Yeah, like 72 all day and 40 F at night. Lovely weather.
But I have fixing to do anyway.
Fan is done but found a brake problem on the 4x4 :|:
Also got some new to me seats installed. One on the passanger side reclining lever was fubar.
Now I am having a drum turned. Found a little issue with my rear brakes :|:

Attachments

• 20190915_111014.jpg
    20190915_111014.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190915_111021.jpg
    20190915_111021.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 61
Was it running hot with the one broken fan blade? I’d think not much but sure better to replace before a 2nd one breaks.

Got a broken fan blade on my truck, it’s friggin plastic.

I gotta go pick up a 20' I beam (8x23 for Kyle) for a remodel on his house. The steel yard is about an hour away easy drive.

Back