How'd it go today?

Haha some happy looking boys there Jim!

Stopped at my dad's after work, neighbors 3 doors down lost 2 nice ash to EAB, but they're making lemonade.
Looks like unfinished still, I'll take another pic next week if they look better.
20190404_194745.jpg
20190404_194734.jpg

They need to get them sealed up. Maybe a bit of fire first to add some color though.
What’s up with the midget hayburner Jim? They are pretty cool critters but seem to me to be riddled with health issues

Had a decent day. My best grounding and rope man is back from a long five day toilet retreat but number two man went home at lunch with the same symptoms. Grrr. Only good thing is nobody usually rides with me in the truck. Besides a quick job briefing and safety meeting, im usually plenty far away from them.

I suspect they hired a guy to carve them, there's a couple guys around here that do some amazing carving. I think they'll crack some no matter what. Probably last longer if they ALAP them and seal the bottom too, but I don't really know.

Nice collection of pickup trucks, Jim.
I count 7 in that picture.
How many do you have?

Ha! Thanks Stig.

10 or 12 I think.

Could be more.

I had to shoot a garter snake in the basement tonight.

Used some birdshot and my 22 revolver.

Did the job.

Fuggin hillbilly.....

fcZZ3lj.jpg

EDIT!

Haha! I says to Richard boy I says....come down here and get this damned snake!

Was near a fist fight between him and Young Daniel to see who got to pack the snake out past Ma.

The weather is useasonally warm............70 degrees today.
So we decided to start the season of having breakfast in the greenhouse.
The Nectarine "tree" is blooming.

After that I took the motorcycle to the north of the Island to make a bid.
Riding in just a jacket in early April sure is a treat.

In a week or so, I'll make the poly tunnel ready for this years crop of tomatoes, basil, chilies, eggplants and melons.
They have been growing indoors since end of february and are about ready to move out.

I love this time of the year.

Logging season was over, then we got a late order for some 600 cubic meters of Beech, so tomorrow we start up again:)

P1060616.JPG P1060617.JPG P1060618.JPG P1060619.JPG

That's great, Stig.

I have a poly tunnel greenhouse to set up as storage. They have one set up, year round.

Took it in trade from friends who I otherwise wouldn't have charged.

More of solar-kiln plans than growing though.

I have no time in the summer for much of a garden, but will build some garden boxes for a micro-garden for D and me. I think I might have a cedar board or 500 around for garden boxes.

Sitting in the mall while the wife shops. No gun store, no carheartt store, no chainsaw dealers. Nothing but “unique” cookie cutter peeps to avoid. Wonder what I did this time. FML

We got one good mall still in the area, Walden Galleria is still doing well... except for the groups of bored teenage wannabe gangsters that like to have huge fights a couple times a year.
Them kids need a part time job!

Katy's car hit a deer so we needed a ride. Found this Thursday, picked it up today.
02, but in good shape.

Attachments

• 20190407_114833.jpg
    20190407_114833.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190407_114845.jpg
    20190407_114845.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 40
Back