How'd it go today?

Got it. Other truck was no help, just bent my push rod. Ten minutes with a MAP torch on the sleeve and a block of ice on the pin and I was finally able to get some more movement. Another 10 minutes with the sledge and I got the phucker.

The pin is destroyed so I need to get the machine shop to cut me a new one. 1.25" rod with grooves for C clips on both ends.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 43
If you have a replacement part waiting, it will never go bad. I still have replacement buffers for between the engine and pump for a log splitter that I haven’t owned it 15 years. Damn thing broke with only 100 hours on it so I bought a few of them. Bitch of it is, they don’t even make that kind of coupler anymore.

A supply house that caters to farmers and their tractor needs might have appropriate pins on the rack or bin. Having one made, good to go as well.
Happy you got that sucker freed. I feel your frustration brother.

My philosophy is: Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Same goes for life insurance, fire extinguishers, spare tires, guns, and probably a few other things as well.

It’s a thin line between hoarding a load of shit that your descendants will curse you for having to take to the tip after your funeral, and a useful stock of bits and bobs that’ll come in handy some day.

I tread that line carefully, erring on the side of throwing stuff away.

Possibly one of the most labor saving additions to the farm....ever.

Bought a pallet fork attachment for the loader tractor.

We used to have to unload these posts by hand....5 at a time. Salt blocks, chicken feed....lots of things.

I am going to love this thing.

gaA5E0G.jpg

7 hrs stacking brush on a trailer today at the golf course.

Next couple days the same...white pines got hammered this winter.

It’s a thin line between hoarding a load of shit that your descendants will curse you for having to take to the tip after your funeral, and a useful stock of bits and bobs that’ll come in handy some day.

I tread that line carefully, erring on the side of throwing stuff away.

+10

We have had that CMC 83HD for two years now. If you have any questions about it I am happy to help. The big takeaway is that if you have a lot of the right work for it, you will no longer want to work without it. There are downsides, but I do believe the upsides outweigh them.

Hi FJR. Would you care to chat a bit about the pros and cons of the CMC83 and perhaps tell what the list price is? Thanks.

Got my outrigger back together today. Dropped it off this morning and they said the bottom seal was completely blown out. It was brittle and crumbled, so I assume the other may go soon. Machine shop took all day long to cut me a new pin but we finally got it picked up about 3:30. Took less than 45 minutes to button it up once we got home. All set for a busy week now.

Back