How'd it go today?

Dragging up means to quit a job, often unexpectedly to the contractor, it's usage is as common as the word "the" in construction. Everyone I've ever worked with has known it, and I've worked with people from all over... they even call a transfer tank in a pickup a drag up tank lol. Both of these terms are so common i know that the phase drag up tank is actually used in union contracts (which are legal documents), and i think even the term drag up might be too.

FFS, my f150 has a rattle. Sounds like a heat sheild or something. I thought I got it, one was loose on the driver's side exhaust manifold. Seems that was not it. :(

Had a real fun day with an ice and snow covered lightning struck elm. It was struck over a year ago and was pretty crispy. It actually went real good. Jimmy was spot on with his roping skills allowing me to take nice sized sections without worry of breaking out the rigging points. Had a hot tempered moment while moving the logs though. I heard the flagger swearing through the comms and saw a car damn near run him over. He bounced the paddle off of her wind shield. I tossed a 14’ by 24” diameter log into the road and Jimmy put a cone into her windshield as she screached to a halt. As soon as I jumped out of the loader she started yelling that she was calling the police. I said thanks for saving me the trouble and set up a zone around the scene. She got a free ride to the police station and her vehicle towed. Man am I glad that our zone was set up properly and I called it in to the county plus the local PD the day before. Oh what fun. We all had to give a quick statement which we recorded and sent to the company office for the lawyers. I’m sure this entitled bitch is gonna try to sue. Anyhow, I was home in time to cook dinner and am enjoying family time.

I've only done framing (rough carpentry), furniture building, then landscaping, then graphic design, now tree work. I never did much interacting with the other trades and never got involved with unions, so the terminology escaped my radar for sure.

It's all good. Life is too short to suffer fools... especially now, for me.

Already have two other gigs lined up, already.

Unusually long day today. No chipper, cuz it broke, bucket broke today. Hopefully I can get to sleep without working all night (in my dreams) sucks when that happens

I hear ya mang. I had to go out and finish that the job the crane went down on.
Had to remotely rig a really nasty limb off next to the house and then clean the steep roof on rope while loads of wood went out.
All done. Check hits my hands tomorrow.
Feel bad for my crane guy. Crane still stuck there till next week when the pump arrives. Left him a message that i was able to complete the job with out him. He'll come up short what we expected to pay out, but Ill throw in some extra bones for good measure.

Attachments

• 20181112_143716.jpg
    20181112_143716.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20181116_131027.jpg
    20181116_131027.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20181116_131007.jpg
    20181116_131007.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20181116_131034.jpg
    20181116_131034.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 45
Sounds like they tweaked one too many nerves. Reading those posts, you have been sharing your wit and charisma with other folks, too. You are a forum maester!

I have been wondering where you went to work. I was thinking Amazon fulfillment something or other with lots of walking mentioned.

Good you have two irons in the fire.

I volunteered at D's school for a while today, then went and banged out 3 hours of work at a job, felling three true-fir crispies, wedged over. Then limb up what I could get in to from the top of the loader arms along a row of fir and spruce trees girdled by a past owner. Climbed up one, reached three to the sides, and a hair of the fouth.

A bit more climbing, and I should be able to start pulling some over. Lots of intertwined limbs to overcome, as the trees are only a few feet, 4', 5' apart at ground level.

Burning tomorrow!

Life is too short to suffer fools...and especially for you now Butch, yup, move on!

Back