How'd it go today?

Come on out and help climb it. Bring rain gear. I've got a guest room these days.

1139 Edison St NE 98506

https://goo.gl/maps/ByJZxfMyp3F2

You can see the top dieback. Don't see a time stamp, as on my laptop, and maybe tablet.

Slightly down hill, 8' below street level, to the right of the house.
Love me Google Maps.

Cool picture from Google Maps! I wouldn't mind climbing it if I could bomb the brush.

Would NOT want to be groundie...lots of chipping will be done there. Maybe not too much dragging...access is probably good.

Zip to the chip-per.

Dragging sucks.

It's pretty crispy now, so few needles, and extra light wood. Should be pretty easy. A little green down low, no more.

Good access.

Might just narrow it up, rig off the reiteration trunk. Drop a 50-60' top, build a crash pad for the rest to hit, on gravel. No utilities.

If I can mill out huge cedar table tops to sell, I might be more delicate.
The lay is sloping downhill, then flat...log breaker.

I just gave him a haul any excess wood or chips they don't want to keep type of price. Chip disposal, easy...I want it at home. Wood disposal. Easy, I want it or can make it disappear from the street... and the mini doesn't care about no stinking uphill to the street hauls! The butt log could be hollow. If unbroken, it might sell as a landscape log, with or without detail work to the flat ends to "naturalize" them.

Peter, where did you learn to do electric motor rebuilds? I'm wanting to learn, but have always been leery of electronics due to my partial colorblindness lol

Used to take motors to a fellow locally who rewound/rebuilt them.
He was efficient and never had issues with his work.
Son took over and seems heart isn’t in it. Sloppy work. Loss to the community.

Speaking about 'heart not in it', during my critical care nursing internship we spent six weeks in each of eight areas of the hospital. In OR saw cranial, thoracic, abdominal, vascular surgeries, and caesarean in labor&delivery, and bone marrow transplant. The open heart was four cases, three total opens with heart bypass machine and fourth using remote through inguinal access. The open heart cases were with the "octopus' a device developed by a local surgeon to safely hold a beating heart ( slippery devil's).

When I hit 50 I stepped away from nights, weekend, and rotating shifts. Body couldn't take it any more. Trying to sleep during the day with lawnmowers and other noises just got to be impossible.

Two crane days this week. Dead oaks the first day in a wet area, covered in fungal fruiting bodies, mold and mildew. Developed bilateral blepharitis by end of first day.
Second day dying beech with hollow base and one eye mostly shut. Fun with partial depth of field vision. Got it done.

So this happened yesterday. I went out to do a few bids in my 2016 Ram 2500. About 3 -4 miles down the road it downshifted hard into 4th gear for no apparent reason and stayed there. Apparently, this is a thing with these trucks. Something about a transmission solenoid... It's got the Cummins 6.7 L Turbo Diesel and 6-speed automatic transmission. Only 18,000 miles so it's still under warranty. I'm dropping it off at the dealer on Monday but if anyone knows of a quick fix for this, let me know. Thanks!

Peter, where did you learn to do electric motor rebuilds? I'm wanting to learn, but have always been leery of electronics due to my partial colorblindness lol

I was always good with mechanical and electrics. I got hired at a motor shop, but no one wanted to teach you anything, I just picked it up. There is a good book, Electric Motor repair by Auggy Hand.

Thx man, that book will give me some stuff to work thru lol. I like the explanation of how my welder actually operates, which will be handy when working on it.

So this happened yesterday. I went out to do a few bids in my 2016 Ram 2500. About 3 -4 miles down the road it downshifted hard into 4th gear for no apparent reason and stayed there. Apparently, this is a thing with these trucks. Something about a transmission solenoid... It's got the Cummins 6.7 L Turbo Diesel and 6-speed automatic transmission. Only 18,000 miles so it's still under warranty. I'm dropping it off at the dealer on Monday but if anyone knows of a quick fix for this, let me know. Thanks!

Drive it into a lake and buy a Toyota.

A Toyota. Pfffft.

That sucks Brett. Big Jim must know what to do?

I'd probably unhook the batteries for awhile(just the negative posts) and see if it 'resets' itself. But I know squat about dodges. Ford man for life here.

A Toyota and a dodge aren't even in the same class of truck. I'm a ford guy but there's no way a Toyota pickup even comes close to any of the big 3 pickups. In fact, you could literally put a full sized Toyota truck in the back of a dodge 3/4 ton and still be under the gvw.

Edit: almost... you could do it but be over on the gvw. However i could put a fully loaded (to its gvw) tundra in the back of my truck :D

The Toyata fly has been known to catch more American fish than any other:lol:

I did the battery "reboot" but it didn't help. BTW, I loved my Tundra but it definitely wasn't built for hauling and towing.

I thought about praying over it but I'm worried that there might be some sort of prayer limit and I don't want to use up my quota... I might need them later on in life if I get cancer, or have a really bad toothache.

"Dude! Remember that time I fixed your truck and now you ask for good health? Pssshhhaw! NO MIRACLES FOR YOU!"

:lol: no need to waste a prayer when it's under warranty!!! Probably something simple, and will take an hour

Worked on my carport today. This morning I got it dried in with 30 lb felt and nailed down the drip edge. Was late for a sales call because I lost track of time.

This afternoon I bought the first load of galvanized tin for the roof and got it up there. Then began adding braces to the poles to reduce/eliminate the wobble. Hopefully tomorrow I can begin attaching the tin roof panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 32
Looks good but every time I look at it I think, 'snows never gonna slide off that roof'. Lol.

Jim. Looks like a good time. I see the young feller still has the shin guards on. :)

Back