How'd it go today?

I heard Tarzan wasn't handy at all, just good with vines and Jane.

Actually Cory the motor fell right off. The guy I bought it from did the quick fix and put a bolt in where the tapered pin is supposed to go. Over the years it wallered out. The coupler was hell on my puller though. Went back together nicely. Just time consuming. About a six pack per man kinda job8)

Got home from Norway yesterday and realized the tomatoes had taken over the poly tunnel.
So today was spent picking tomatoes and making soup for winter.
I also picked the tomatillos and canned a bunch of salsa verde plus some habanero pineapple hot sauce and a simple jalapeno hot sauce.
Now we just have to eat all the ripe melons.

I'm home for the weekend, have a funeral to go to tomorrow 3 hours from here, and then back to work at 6 am Monday 3 hours from the house. Just got done washing the truck and mowing the yard, after fixing the trimmer, and ready to shower and pass out.

I just learned something new (thanks youtube suggestions)

Runaway diesel engine, a scary thing. Apparently an oil leak from bad rings or turbo seal or head gasket can fuel the engine (running on the oil) at full throttle until the source of oil runs out. Turning the ignition off won't stop it, cutting the fuel line won't stop it. The engine needs to either be stalled, which is hard due to the full throttle power output, or suffocated Ideally with a non flammable gas.

It's good to know it can happen, and how to stop it, but it's dangerous as you don't know if the engine will just explode from such stress.

Sooooooo........
My dad going in for an angiogram and then a stint this week. Katy has a heart stress test Friday because her heart seems to be irregular, sometimes part of it not working. Her dad just had a heart attack and will probably go under the knife this week..
Pinched nerve in m back slowing me down. Fair coming up. Jeeeebus.

I have a whole 'nother attitude on death, nowadays... didn't mean to make light of anything or anyone.

Sure! Just click the attach link...

Cats are cool.

attachment.php

Love the lunch box and water cooler in the background!

I just learned something new (thanks youtube suggestions)

Runaway diesel engine, a scary thing. Apparently an oil leak from bad rings or turbo seal or head gasket can fuel the engine (running on the oil) at full throttle until the source of oil runs out. Turning the ignition off won't stop it, cutting the fuel line won't stop it. The engine needs to either be stalled, which is hard due to the full throttle power output, or suffocated Ideally with a non flammable gas.

It's good to know it can happen, and how to stop it, but it's dangerous as you don't know if the engine will just explode from such stress.

The fire brigade in the next town up from us had a callout to a runaway diesel train engine at the yard last month! Nothing would stop it but the engineer finally stuffed jackets and garbage bags in the air intake...it stopped.
Everyone was very happy, things were getting very, very hot!

Back