How'd it go today?

Yep, he is a very good faller.
We have some arborist jobs coming up after logging season, where we'll be a man short, but we'll try to find somebody to help out.

Funny thing, 2 days ago I heard that one of our fellow arbos whom we know really well, had dislocated his shoulder for the 3rd time and had to go in for an operation.
So I called him and told him to let us know if there was anything we could do to help.
Next day this happens:lol:

That is a bummer, Stig, sorry to hear. Hope it heals fully. Gotta wait a few more days for the prognosis/surgery answer?

Yeah accidents happen so fast. I got hit in the face about 2 weeks ago by a 4" thick vine I cut that was under more tension than I realized, when it recoiled, the end of it had a bit of a hook-shape to it and it smacked me hard and laid open my upper lip. By the feel of it and the blood spewing I figured I just got disfigured for life. I felt incredibly dumb for letting it happen. Couldn't believe my teeth were still there. Paid a plastic surgeon $1500 to sew it up. He put in 3 layers of stitches and 1 week later removed the surface stitches and there is virtually no scar. But honest, it was bad:whine: :lol:

I toss cans of soup or containers f leftovers on the heater a lot. Even if you’re in a warm cab, just looking outside makes you shiver. Warm lunch is nice

Earlier this evening the Mehicans across the street decided tonight was the night they were going to party out in the front yard. The mariachi music was blasting for almost an hour before I acted. I don't own a big fancy stereo but I have a Mustang with a decent stereo. So I pulled it out of the garage, turned it around and parked it in my front yard with the ass end aimed across the street. I opened both doors, turned up the stereo full blast playing the local classic rock station and then went back inside. The mariachi music stopped almost immediately but I went ahead and left my stereo playing for about 30-40 minutes so they got a good impression of what real music sounds like. After parking the car back in the garage it's oh so nice and quiet.

For those who don't know, the house across the street is a rental occupied by about a dozen single male Hispanics who all pay rent to share the house. The faces and vehicles change regularly but they are all the same. None of them (as far as I know) speak English. They all leave for work every morning and they drink a lot of beer in the evenings. I've been civil and polite but I've had to set boundaries in the past, such as when they were firing off fireworks at 9am on a weekend or parking in my front yard. For the most part they are decent neighbors but I'm not willing to let things get out of hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah - I just try to be a polite neighbor and perhaps it'll rub off on them.

CvTHqSX.gif

Ha, I love it Brian...decibels of classic rock back at 'em, I've often wanted to do that...sometimes it really does take a dose of what's being given to go back at them for some folks to really get it. Verbal diplomacy might be the option in some circumstances, but sheesh, sometimes...let 'er rip.

Aw Stig, sorry to hear about your broken wrist, is that now number three and you can have a rest while you recover? Hope it all heals up well.

Saw these machines at the dump today... It's really just a massive tree company's green waste yard in Richmond....Dumped for 80 what woulda been 480 in SF.

Look at the red chipper... the anvil is bigger than my disc parked next to it...biggest chipper I've ever seen......
2e8e8876430831fcae1cdf364d5e6e03.jpg
c12f56087d50614eb7bdd0e58b96f76e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back