How'd it go today?

Yeah... if was a hail Mary.

But F@ck it, if I get the job, it's already gonna be a serious complicated process...big hey... can't win it if you're not in it.

Hoping for progress payments based in work done... but we'll see it's still a ways off probably September.

Boneless pork chop.

Lighting must have been a bit funny.

Edit...Cooked cheese-y wieners too.

Wife prepared a fine relish dish as well. Full of pickled eggs, cheese, veggies, and ranch dressing.

We also had a canned salmon snack to start. Lots of beer and root beer as well.

No one on this green earth was living better.

First glance was fish, a second look before your reply, and I clearly saw it was pork. Classic strip of fat or whatever on the side, and fish wouldn't hold up well on a fork cooked.

Deva....we did our biggest bid a few years ago for an x-ray system for a county health dept. We sell and service x-ray equipment.

I think the bid document was 80 pages....massively crazy stuff about our policies for hiring, who we would or would not hire, our relationships with any criminals, I can't remember how many times I said WTF during getting it ready. HUGE amount of work. The wording of the bid was convoluted...they asked for things that didn't even exist...a lackey somewhere that did not understand the systems involved put the RFQ together. I attended the bidder's meeting where about 5 of us competitors met with the county to try to thrash out reality. It was a bit of a Charlie Foxtrot for awhile.

We were not the lowest bidder but got it anyway...they apparently threw out the lowest bidder and highest and then had the staff decide who was left that they trusted. I hope your reputation is a consideration because I am sure you do responsible, dependable top notch work. Good luck on this.

No one on this green earth was living better.

:thumbup:8)

Deva, awesome news, good luck!

It reminds me back a few years ago a friend of mine started a landscaping biz, I asked how it was going, he said it was crazy dealing with it all, said 'the good news is I just got a $50k job, the bad news is I just got a $50k job' :lol:

Just got in from a 40th birthday bonfire for a friend. As I predicted, it wasn't long before someone started feeding the fire with the mini. :/: It was a good time.

20190414_001202.jpg

I've got a fire ring too .Made from a 38" rim from a John -Deere A .I worked my ass off cutting those 250 pound slabs of sand stone and bedding them in manufactured lime stone sand . DSCN0489[1].jpg

Last night was a good night for a bonfire. I worked late to finish a job because of the amount of rain we have coming and on my way home it seemed that every third house had a fire going. Mines been burning for over a week now. Getting rid of a LOT of junk wood. Mini skid loading it up twice a day. Hoping it survives the monsoons. I should go dump more wood on:/:

We’re still under our yearly statewide fire ban Al! I was reminded of this by the captain of my local fire department as our families enjoyed my fire last night.8)

We work and toil to purchase or build and maintain a nice warm house.

First thing we do is go build a fire and sit in a crappy chair and drink.

Its the best.

Lmao. Same story here. We literally are still having a fire in the house stove everyday and have all winter and now I'm being bugged to light a outdoor fire too just about every evening. Let it burn baby!

Last night was a good night for a bonfire. I worked late to finish a job because of the amount of rain we have coming and on my way home it seemed that every third house had a fire going. Mines been burning for over a week now. Getting rid of a LOT of junk wood. Mini skid loading it up twice a day. Hoping it survives the monsoons. I should go dump more wood on:/:

We’re still under our yearly statewide fire ban Al! I was reminded of this by the captain of my local fire department as our families enjoyed my fire last night.8)
It's in effect March ,April and May ,Oct and Nov .I have a slash pile I won't torch off until June .However on or actually in a sand stone patio I see little problems arising .The house is 600 feet from the road and I doubt any "smokey the bear " types would even see it being on the back side of a brick house .

More on this .I joke about being in the middle of a giant corn field but it's the truth .Corn as far as the eye can see,about like Iowa only with better corn .These farmers burn what they want when they want .Slash piles with a bunch of old tires and asphalt roofing and the black smoke just rolls .Nobody ever says a thing to them .

Last week was pretty hazy from all the field fires burning south of town out in the county. Burn ban or no, a farmer's gotta do what a farmer's gotta do.

We have year round ag burning, but the Chief can deny a permit if the weather isn't cooperating. It causes a lot of trouble as not many people take advantage of it and people call the fire in as an out of season burn.

Kansas as opposed to Ohio it's an entirely different crop and methods .In Ohio very little wheat is grown and that is soft winter wheat taken off around the 4th of July .Kansas is part of the bread basket growing hard red sown in spring harvested in fall .
The corn stalks are just ground up with big wing mowers and no tilled in .Soy beans they don't usually do any thing with the residue .They used to burn the fields but haven't done that for decades .However every so often on what few wheat is grown they catch a field on fire and burn up a $200 thousand dollar combine plus the whole field of wheat .

We put it all in power plants.
Wood, straw, you name it.
It is all transported to the plants and turned into energy.

I had a nice day with the wife and the dogs today.
Went to the beach.
The ocean is a constant wonder to the former mountain dweller and the dogs love to swim in it, be it ever so cold.
So a trip to a beach is always a hit, here.
Then she suddenly had a hanker for French fries, so we went to a small fishing port and carbo loaded like there was no tomorrow.
They weren't very good ( Once you've travelled in Belgium, it is a sad fact, that French fries will always be a let down)
She had a large ice cream on top of that, so I probably won't have to cook supper.

It was a fine day:)

Back