How'd it go today?

Soccer has not made the most popular sporting event on this side of the pond .It hasn't been here as long .It may in a given amount of time .

Any my current guy looks like he's going to get his references checked, last one being me, for his Union Carpenter apprentice job #1.

We did some practice on interviewing, and I told him to take the other applicants some Monsters and Rockstars for while they waited.

He said he was the last of 4 applicants to be interviewed. The other 3 came out not looking like they killed it, he said. He said he felt like he killed it. Didn't worry before for during. Calm.

I told him take time to take a breath, and answer the question They Asked. Doesn't matter what you think they asked, it matters that you answer what they asked, first and foremost, then elaborate on anything else. Shows you're paying attention to the details, IMO.

He's hoping to get the call for the job on Monday. He realizes someone else might get it, and it's not the end of the world, he's got his stuff working out and likes treework, until there's a spot for him somewhere.
Working on his financial management, cashflow, budgeting with him.

Anyone know of any free consumer financial counseling services/ education sites?

Here's a "how's it going today" for you.

One of our calves got hung in the fence. Ended up with a compound fracture of it's hind leg. I gotta put it down. Right now the cows are all hanging together in the shade, and I don't wanna kill on of their young ones while they watch. I'm gonna wait till this evening when they go out to pick and leave it behind. This is the stuff that sucks about raising cattle.

Mowed the lawn, started filling the pool, took the kids for Dairy Queen, got called into work for an hour (4 double paid) and it's only 3 in the afternoon. Gonna watch the Anthony Joshua fight tonight. He's got some heavy hands.

I worked midnight to noon. Road my streetbike home like the devil himself was chasing me. Slicing through traffic like it wasn't even there. :D

Now I'm wide awake and I need to go to sleep for a few hrs so the wife and I can go riding with another friend this evening. At a much more relaxed pace.

Hate that part of live stock. Feels like I am always killing something around here. And it's usually someone's favorite that we are supposed to keep and not butcher or sell. Lost 5 babies recent to coyote. Lilly's little black lamb and 4 kids. :(
Fuckers keep just where I can't see them or take the shot.
Dogs about had one this morning, but by the time I got my rifle, it was too far up the road.
Oh well.
Got out and shot some trap this morning for the first time in about a month. Did ok. Was good to decompress after the stressful week of dead trees.

Sean, it's been my experience once they make the interview they're in. They don't waste time interviewing guys if they don't have to (contractor owners and reps are there), and the interview simply serves as a chance to catch any red flags, such as they are afraid of heights or something that would prevent them from working. I personally feel they should vet guys out more and make sure they really believe in what they are about to join, but because of the federal laws that govern unions, they no longer really have that ability due to discrimination stuff (which back in the day was bad in cases). I wouldn't tell him that, but i bet all those guys are in.

Was that emojis or question marks? All i see is question marks... in other words, if your guy got an interview with the carpenters union, he's now a union carpenter apprentice :D

You're not kidding burned wood is no fun. I've logged burnt wood before and ended up with some sort of infection in my eyes/lids.

shit with me not that serious.during the day was bad after water and leaving the site within 1h ,eyes back to normal lungs slightly dry.
Its some thing I always will have to do here,cause of them stupid land management

Kyle, it was thumbs-up. He's paid his dues to the Hall. So he's officially an apprentice, it sounds, just an apprentice waiting his turn.

He has heard of Dave Ramsey. I think that Dave Ramsey is selling something.

I explained to my guy that if you aren't buying or selling something, you're the product, like Facebook.

My problem with what LITTLE I've heard and read of Dave Ramsey is that it helps people how want to spend more wisely, who need the willpower from success of paying off a small debt, to pay off the next one. Small debt may be at 1%, larger debt at 10%. Child support payments, staying current-ish is needed to keep one's driver's license. Student loans in default are another can of worms.

At the Apprentice testing, one guy actually complained about having to carry all the stuff around during the test (5 studs, plywood, etc), probably just amongst the applicants.

I was at an antique printing shop on a school field trip. I asked I printshop printshop person if I could move the oversize papercutter with the cutting blades off the table where the 1st and 2nd graders were working. She told me it was 'extremely heavy' and its probably okay where it is.
I see a lot of skinny guys in the world. I don't know if it's all the speed and videogames or what?

We used to have a contest to see who could carry the most 8' 2 x 4 studs from the stack, into the house we were framing. It came up a couple of times a year for several years. One guy that worked for my brother would always win. He could carry 26 studs.......two stacks of 13. That's all he could get his arms around. LOL

Feeling like an ass at the moment. Solenoid went bad on the dump trailer over a week ago. Stopped and got a new one the next day. In the process of installing it I dropped the positive lead onto one of the tiny wire post. Sparks flew. I hooked it up and thought I killed it. So today I went and took the old one with me. No legible part number. Poor guy looked for half an hour and found it. I got home and went to take the old, new one off and realized I hooked one wire in the wrong place. Muppet:X. I feel so embarrassed that I might just keep the new new one instead of returning it

You can’t take it back, it’s a man thing, you’re admitting fault.

Women however.....my SIL bought a dress to attend a wedding in Mauritius. Took it back to the shop when she returned, said she didn’t like it and had never worn it.

5 minute argument later she got her money back, my wife who (was with her for moral support) wanted to curl up and die with embarrassment.

Back