How'd it go today?

Apparently hotel wifi is a prime way to get your identity stolen, so i use my mobile plan only. If i brought a playstation or something sure, just not my phone which i use for a bunch of stuff or a laptop with important info on it.

Yeah, lawns suck but you 3 have fine looking cribs. :thumbup:

And even to this noob, that is a fine looking weld, Kyle.

Those are postage stamp yards! I am trying to scale down to that size. I forgot to add burr oak and eastern red bud to that list.

A three pass cap Kyle?! 1/2 inch wall? What position? Awe eff it congrats glad to see you passed. :occasion5::dude:

Pretty much all tests are 6g (on a 45). Not my prettiest by any means, but it worked. Yeah just under a half inch thick, tig root and hot pass. When doing 6g stuff, you can't carry as much metal, so you turn up and run stringers. Machine was messed up, but i still got it. I already miss my 200, i could have made it much better.

Pretty much all tests are 6g (on a 45). Not my prettiest by any means, but it worked. Yeah just under a half inch thick, tig root and hot pass. When doing 6g stuff, you can't carry as much metal, so you turn up and run stringers. Machine was messed up, but i still got it. I already miss my 200, i could have made it much better.

Do you think they deliberately give you a jack up machine to see if you can set it on the fly?

No, it was just a machine up at the hall, which happens to need service and i got stuck with it. Students usually are the ones using it, and they can't tell the difference yet :lol:

Been back in Sydney for a couple of weeks, think this will be my last work here. They put the tip prices up since Christmas, nearly double. Minimum charge $55 for 200kg or 440lbs, even the cheaper one I found last year has gone from $8 to $20 a cubic meter.

Can't survive here these days without a chipper. So I'm taking todays load home with me and I'll chip it there, what I save on tip fees will pay for my fuel home.

Everyone in that market is facing the same situation, right? Either they use the same dump sites as everyone else with the same costs, or they use private dump sites, or buy property to dump/ recycle greenwaste.

Any biz needs to adjust rates to new expenses, right? The cost of most things, save technology, goes up over time. When was the last time there was deflation?

Had a chill day with my employee around the shop. Organized, cleaned a bit, got some firewood put up, and after lunch I put him up a tree as part of a good send-off.

With some coaching from me and his mentor in the Union, he killed it on his apprenticeship test. Some of the testees were soft, plain soft, from the sounds of it. A lot were not so good at listen to instructions.

He was the only one to check the scaffold wheel locks and assembly before committing to climbing it.

I've got some pics of him at work, and have been encouraging him to put a portfolio together, just for his future use. I think he can get some street cred with the new crew showing some good climbing and mini-operating. Got him a good video sequence of a couple cuts, slight reposition, and a couple cuts, up close, from above. Stuff to show his family, too, that he is more than a stick-picker-upper-feeder-of-stick-eater.

Good show from your worker on his test. Anybody, anywhere should inspect a scaffold before using it. We remind users to lock the wheels by way of a tag but it's still up to them to read it.

Also a good idea making a video for him. It might pique his interest to stick around when he can see how cool of a job it can be. Having friends and family ooh and ahh over a clip of him aloft won't hurt either.

Today is day 10 on my knee rehab & with my usual impatience, am desperate to get walking & functioning normally, as I am already starting to climb the walls. I damaged the ligaments (lateral collateral) so the time frame is uncertain, but I already have 90% movement so I am guessing weeks not months.

Back