How'd it go today?

I did quite a few of those house moving gigs many years ago. We never rode with the moving crew though; they'd move the houses from about 10:00 pm till around 6:00 am. They gave us the route and we would cut as needed a few days before the move. We also had the contract to install tree protection barriers on the lots where the houses were being placed.

Far out Brian.

I love the whole" Our houses are built to be moveable" idea.
Not something you see in Europe.

On one of our Climbing trips in California, we stayed in a really neat, old hotel in Kernville, run by two sisters.

It had originally been down by the river, but the river had changed course, so they moved the hotel into town.

Mindblowing to a Scandinavian!

I'm going to make a welding table eventually. Not as heavy duty as some, but free. Got a number of things to go through on the old beast tomorrow though so it's taken a back shelf for right now.

Sure, just grab a road plate and add your scrap steel... instant welding table. :/:
We were talking about sinkholes in the other thread...

Stig, any building can be moved, it’s just a matter of cribbing it properly, and lifting it properly. Two Bobcats on either side, with no communication doesn’t work well! Don’t ask how I know this!
Squish, yeah, Purple rain is coming down!

So some more of my unbelievable BS. My Sheriff buddy got ahold of me a week ago Friday, need d out, badly. Fortunately for me, the neighbor lady was available, female version of me, but without my alcohol tolerance. His girlfriend could come as well, a local PD, I can’t win!! So we went out “Andy style”, he had a good time and got his mind off shit. His girlfriend was a little Leary, but watching everyone else, she chilled and everyone got home safe.
The funeral was NUTS! It was Monday, and he asked me to be there. You ever want to see a cat in a room full of rocking chairs? That was me at the funeral! At least 20 cops. I walked in, he hugged and thanked me, his girlfriend gave me grief about all the cops. Gotta love friends like that.
Talked to him a little off and on this week, then he text me Friday he’s bought a Harley? While I’m scratching my head, his girlfriend, on duty, shows up to vent about the Harley.
They are planning on moving in together and I guess I’m going to marry them at some point? (I got ordained, don’t ask)
I wish I had the imagination to make this stuff up.
I was supposed to be at another funeral this am, guy went in for knee surgery and died on the table. I’m just worn out, I feel bad but I just couldn’t do it again.

Been a hell of a week. Was meant to have my medium ridgid driving test this comming monday but pulled the pin on thursday as i felt that i needed a bit more time in the bigger truck getting used to the air maxi brake. Found out that ive cut probably 2km of a 5.2km line with a chainsaw and brush cutter. Then found out that a family member was in hospital with heart issues. Looking forward to a easier week working on a air base and then having a week off to relax and do a horse ride and do a introduction flight lesson and a bit of tree woek here and there.

It was a nice afternoon here so I sat on th porch with the dog for a bit and smoked a once-in-a-great-while bowl.

Shortly after I was back in the house my Sister came over and I swear she said she brought me some "hot" cookies (chocolate chip!)...Well I dived into one while we were talking...

I'm about 2/3 through the first one and she tells me "take it easy they have a lot of "hot in them"

I reply Nah, they're pretty well cooled off now & just nicely warm

Her: "not hot cookies dummy Pot..you know...Pot cookies" "I wouldn't eat more than one"

I was wondering why she only brought me two instead of the regular gallon baggie sized full batch....

I've had a wonderfully mellow afternoon all evening so far...:|: And still have a cookie left

The 10 day Florida trip went off without a hitch last week. As expected, had a great time with my old friend. He picked me up at the Orlando airport and we had a nice ride back 3 hours to Ft. Myers, catching up on old times. He has a nice house in a quiet neighborhood, with a 2-story AirBNB-style cottage out back. So I had the cottage and set up shop in there. He had his office set up inside his house, so we were back-n-forth collaborating. Decent sleep, great weather, and his wife did all the cooking, so all my needs were well taken care of. Work days were long, 12-15 hours, but passed by quickly due to the great camaraderie & banter and fun projects. Took Saturday off to visit some other friends in Bokeelia, went in the Gulf for an hour or so. Rest of the time flew by, headed out to the airport Wed morning early, but barely made my plane due to the slow ticket counter and long lines at security. Back at noonish Wed in the pouring rain. Took a nap, then spent the evening w/my family.

Thursday was back with a vengeance on the crew -- 5 jobs, trying to make up for 2+ rain days and lowered productivity in my absence. Worked till dark. Friday was lighter duty 3 small jobs with a smaller crew of 3 (one out sick and estimator out).

Nice weekend with the family, walk by the river, going to the park. Sunday we took in the St. Patrick's Day parade. Nice family-oriented day with beautiful sunshine. One hiccup was a 30 min delay mid-parade after a woman was run over by a parade float! She had run out to get some green beads they were passing out and a trailer float went over her leg. A group of onlookers lifted the the trailer off of her, police & EMS responded and got her off to the hospital.

Thanks! And back on topic... "How'd it go today?":

Today we finally got to do a pruning on 2 bur oaks up near the university. Early last fall we had taken care of a large 18" broken bur oak limb in it that no one else wanted to touch, requiring extensive rigging without good access in the back yard. The customer had wanted us to take care of the pruning last fall and it was scheduled for November, but they postponed due to financial considerations around the holidays. So finally we got to do it today! But now we have the bucket truck, so it was the bucket in the front working out of the driveway over the house, climber out back doing the out-of-reach stuff. About 5 hours on the job site, but a good hour of that was clean up (backyard + 2 adjacent neighbor's back yards). Upper crust area needed a good tidy-up. And the next door neighbor wants his large hackberry pruned, so that's a plus!

2 more small trimming jobs afterwards, one in the city & one out in the country. Done before dusk.

Spent the last two days removing dead branches and dead wood from ten pines and two maples, plus trimmed an apple tree.

Home owner is a real tight ass so I didn't get paid, but the kitchen is a lot brighter and the back looks really good so he's pretty happy.:drink:

Any Difference between deadwood and dead branches?

I've been busy... worked through last weekend again...

Chugging along... I'm all over the place as a small business owner.

I love it. Fits right in with my spastic manic monkey brain waves...

Yesterday was calls, emails, deliveries of paperwork, signatures, invoicing, proposals, and a bid.

:)

Sthephanson is in town, we were supposed to do lunch today. He text me this morning that his girlfriend’s brother went in for a heart catheter, said he’d call later. I haven’t heard anything yet but thought some of you might like to know.

Back