How'd it go today?

Done & got when we struck the deal ;)

Been two record cold weeks already that it's been down...another three days of mild weather won't kill me...

Oh come on now Midwesterners don't freeze to death, unless found in a snow bank with a blood alcohol level of .5 or higher. :lol:

Ha! Phone call this morning...

Lady: "HI. We'd like to install your furnace on Friday morning if that's OK with you."

Me (awakened by phone & kinda out of it): "Yes, Matt called me and told me of hte delay. I wasn't super happy, but I understand things come up...I already told him Moday will be fine."

Lady: "No...we changed it back ot Friday."

"Well that sounds wonderful...I'll be here..."

yep, after making it through this last cold snap it's all just a cruise...I' not much wound up about it one way or the other.

Been there, done that! Our old unit always went out during the coldest snaps, our new unit seems to crap out during the hottest snaps! You can’t win Dave!

If I'm not pushin' up daisies I'm winning...;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JRWlnv0_svU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This always reminds me of a beat-to-heck old outdoor tom cat my Dad used to feed...Dad always called him 'the winner" 'cause he was the only one that ever showed up at the dish during the day...used to hear him defending his territory quite often at night. :lol:

It's been quite a while since I've gone looking for trouble at a bar. Usually, I was looking for something else!

Lol. Your mountainous size Jim I'm sure has a calming effect on people. As in keeps them calm.

Just finished up nine days straight of working. A bit of a stretch but not bad. Now I get a three day weekend!

Give me the time to get caught up around the place. And tear into the pickup. Brakes are acting up a little, hopefully just a stone in a dust shield or something simple, and swap out the oxygen sensor. Also gonna have another go at welding up my exhaust, this time with gas in the mig atleast might give me a fighting chance. And lastly going to change some shocks, when they're rattling over bumps, I think that means they're done.

I'm not buying to much extra these days. My kids trip to France turned into a trip to Belgium, bit of a long story but that's where she'll go now mid August. So first lump is already paid and the rest will be due soon enough. I hope she gets a lot of it, I'm sure she will. I never had any kind of opportunities like that as a youth. So I'm glad as a parent to be able to offer that to her. But I'll be honest. It sure as shit ain't free.

Spoken like a proud poppa. Good on you! And no shit ain't cheap.

I have been dealing with lack of babysitters and a little girl who has been barfing since midnight. I swear to god grade school is a petrie dish of germs.

No they do it helps with their immune system. It's just the barfing and explosive diarrhea at the same time and in no particular direction or receptacle.

Yah that's no fun, that's for sure. Sucks when a little one is sick.

I am pretty proud of my kid. She's maintaining straight A's across the board and doing science 10 in grade 9 this year and based on how this term goes there's talk of letting her do a science 11 this year too. Not to shabby for a treecutters kid.

Back