How'd it go today?

Ever been? Fairly regular waves? Lordy i bet dat water is f'g cold and refreshing, probably wet suits year round? Where do you stand lol on the SUP question, are you experienced? Its a great way to surf and when the water is flat is fantastic then too.

2 more storm cleanup jobs this afternoon -- broken mulberry limb in a backyard, then onto a 6" Siberian limb on a broken picket fence. It also took out the electric service, phone & cable. Got it off the fence, left the wood for a neighbor, chipped the brush. Back tomorrow for the full removal, one of at least 3 jobs planned tomorrow. Estimator came back from KC with a pocket full of work -- at least 3 days worth, if not more.

MB, January was probably your slowest month because you didn't have the "benefit" of snow & ice storms, no?

thanks again......now I have a little break before I start on cardiac step down/ pulmonary surgery unit. Perfect to lose some fat that has accumulated.

I'm a bit backed up on work, Thankfully.

Germs have been a part of it, and storm work, and dormant season pruning, and orchard pruning.

Keeps me busy. Every customer of mine with fruit trees, has other trees, too. Sometimes, other trees shading fruit trees are needing pruning/ removal.

Ground-level-ish work doesn't mean cheap work.

Lightweight work, too.

To each their own.

I have to go fix some repetitious topping on ornamentals at an office building, recently acquired by new owners. I could stand to not fix other's work. Unfortunately, the first round of neglected fruit trees, or worse, homeowner-whacked fruit trees, is fixing someone else's work. Thereafter, its progressively easier, year by year.

I love hand pruner and pole pruner days. Fruit trees nd ornamentals... Young trees... Get some tunes on and go at it. I would do that all day everyday if I could.

I put in a couple of winters worth of that back in the late 70es.
Learned how to do it right, which has served me well over the years.
Truth be told, there isn't much in the way of treework that I won't do, if the price is right.

I get a stiff neck looking up all the time. Pretty satisfying when it's done and looks good though.

Going with my son tomorrow to talk with his recruiter. Did you know he can finish his Junior year of high school, then go to basic training in the summer, then come home and do his senior year, then go to AIT after HS graduation? 17 years old throwing grenades and shit in basic training!
He wants to do a 6 year Army Reserve contract as a wheeled vehicle mechanic and he's doing BOCES vocational school for diesel mechanics already.
Kid's got a plan anyway.

They'll definitely make him a mechanic and let him finish high school/ BOCES After that they kinda reserve the right to put him wherever they want for 15 months or so.
I felt bad for the mechanics in Iraq. Looks like a lot of work because people beat the shit out of everything they drive.

they kinda reserve the right to put him wherever they want for 15 months or so.

Yea, that's kinda what I figured. Too bad he ain't joining the Navy... muy better duty.

Yeah alot of those guys see the world. I could probably get quite used to some Pacific islands :)

Or permanent duty in San Diego would be nice.

Back