How'd it go today?

Great pic and fine looking service truck.

My archery mentor, Chief Petty Officer Brandon Sharples...also got me through high geometry....shoots many archery competitions.

To prepare he shoots at a ping pong ball hung from a string......at 80 yards!

He is a master Archer!

Wow, that is nuts!

Our apprentice quit today.
He had decided that logging was not, after all, the right career choice for him.

Bummed me out, I really liked him and he had a lot of flair for the work..

Surprising he was good at it yet quit.

A PTO post driver? Pretty cool. Here we just drop a backhoe bucket on fence posts, which usually bends them when they hit good ol shallow TN bedrock.

Went to work. Did my thing. Had a slight disagreement on the second job. I had the guys do maintenance and I went home. Stomache has been acting up. Not keeping food down today. Grilled up some burgers and fried some green tomatoes for the family. I’m being cautious of eating at the moment. So I cooked and canned up another 6 quarts of pasta sauce. No secret recipe. Just ms.wages sauce mix

Yeah, what Butch said 😐

Check this out, stuff is flying off the shelf!
I decided to do some 'value adding' with my last load of chips...who woulda thunk it :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_163815.jpg
    IMG_20180917_163815.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 41
Yeah, someone else said that...why?
So they get a bit steamy, what's the problem? Other than might make them look nicer?
I had 18 bags three days ago...only 4 left! (there are about 250 people in my village, and I don't 'even live on the main street, lol)

Just made a quick omelet stuffed with leftover kale-onion-garlic from dinner last night and a spoon of Priya brand pickled lime and ginger (hot'n'spicy!).

Glad I loaded the truck with all the gear last night (tend to forget something if I leave it till morning).
I am heading out the door now for this years "Saluting Branches" at Beverly National Veterans Cemetery in New Jersey.

Thanks to each of you who were/are/will be in the service.

https://www.salutingbranches.org/about-us/

I'm impressed at the sales. You have figured out a good system, like selling firewood bundles at an 4x's per cord price. $5/ bag will make it worth filling. Easy, low-risk work, if you have a bag-holder stand and funnel or something.

I've seen plenty of homeowners who bag leaves by cutting the bottom out of an old garbage can, turning it upside down and putting their bag in that. After they fill the bag they can tie it and lift the can up off the bag. Would probably work for mulch just as easily.

Good day at Saluting. Three cranes and everyone wanted to fly the hook. I took two rank amateurs to an ancient crabapple and taught them to lower. 41F14D9C-C63D-4AA7-BA89-199DAA828C98.jpg

Then we deadwooded a large pin oak out of reach of the cranes.

After a few days of being too tired to work on it, I got back to it today. I cut/hung the lookouts and barge rafter, then finished decking up to the ridge on the end. A bit slow when working alone.

HMLDEto.jpg

3soubh5.jpg

Back