How'd it go today?

Hi Steve The market is at Horse Rescue Australia which are at north Richmond, I had a stall at their openday last year and sold a few things so they invited me back this year.. They have a yearly open day where they have horse care demonstrations. I sponsor one of the horses their called Lexi.I think that I have posted a few pics of her before. I normally do the castle hill night market but have been a bit busy the last 2 months with work and other things so I haven't been there. Working for the RFS State mitigation services does keep me busy along with all my other bits and pieces of woodwork, Scouts, arb work, fishing, horse riding. I spent from last Monday to Thursday night on standby at Richmond so that if the LAT plane(Boomer) was required for any fires in nsw we could fill it with retardant, water or gel, by the end of it I was tarting to go insane from the C-130 Hercules doing night ops out of the RAAF base. I did get to see them loading one while it had the engines running at idle. I'd hate to see what the fuel bill was as it sat idling for good 5mins or more

Jim it is pyrography which is wood burning. I think that you might enjoy it as you can burn onto pretty much anything.

Yesterday we were working a small oak clear cut.
The apprentice was cutting down all the brush and small stuff under the trees, giving us a clear field to fall in.
Would have been fun if we hadn't all been sore throated and feverish and it hadn't rained all day.

Today I took out a small fir with one of the boys, ziplining all the branches right out to the chipper.
Neither of us was worth much, but we eventually got it done.
It was for travel fund money, that helps with motivation.

Still, I hope we all get better before heading out for the Southern Island on monday to slay the last beech trees, so we can finally put those two jobs to rest and work closer to home.

Dunno about you Stig, but I'm too old to work ill. Nope. That was back when I was younger... life's too short for that kinda stuff at our age. A sore throat is one thing - past that? Time to hit the rack.

At the hospital just had our first kid, a baby girl! 13 hours in labor all went smooth til she decided to come out. Only me and the nurse in the room and her walkie talkie thing wasn’t working. Doctor ran in on the last few pushes for the save!

We are hard pressed right now or we wouldn't have.
When we signed on the logging camp job, it was for felling 1800 cubic meters of hardwood.
My estimate is, we have done twice that on that job.
I had sceduled it for 3-4 weeks, we were gone for 8.

Once everything is forwarded and measured, so I know how far over the forester's estimate it ran, I'm going to tear him a new a-hole.

That has but us way behind on all the other felling work for other clients, we had promised to do.

So I have had foresters yelling at me all summer.

Another 2 weeks and we should be over the worst and back to our normal scedule.
A fact that I'm going to celebrate by going to Schweiz with my wife for 5 days to see her family and for some much needed recreation in the snowcovered Alps.

I am, truth be told, worn a bit thin from all this felling work. 10 hour days take their toll on an old fellow.

Congrats! My daughter is 13 nearly 14 now but it seems like yesterday still the first time I held her in my arms. Cherish the times. :)

Home today with a sick kid.

Must made accommodation arrangements through AirBnb.com for Truckee, CA for two friends' wedding in two weekends. Gonna make a day and a half drive out of it, each way, with the kiddo in tow. See some sites and sights.

Got jobs lined up that don't need the mini while waiting on repair parts, post-theft of battery and throttle linkage breakage. Works out.

Got a front tow-hitch and a mini tow-plate on order. Should improve things. Never had a front-hitch. Should be interesting and helpful.

Congrats, Joe!!!!

Good luck, Stig!

At the hospital just had our first kid, a baby girl! 13 hours in labor all went smooth til she decided to come out. Only me and the nurse in the room and her walkie talkie thing wasn?t working. Doctor ran in on the last few pushes for the save!

Congrats! I hope mom and baby are well and happy, tired I am sure, but happy.

Having a coffee by the fire windows open the house is cold ahhhhh fall is approaching :)

Congrats Joe! Cherish the moments; they are fleeting. My youngest is nearly 16 and my oldest was just promoted to Technical Sergeant.

Congratulations Joe and mummy Joe!

Glad you've got a test and recovery plan Stig, that's important when pushing past our 'normal' boundaries.

A minor setback on the job today when Ron clipped a tree with the passenger side mirror while backing up the chip truck. The mirror frame ended up caving in the door panel. He spent an hour beating himself up but by the time we got home he had already located a replacement door which he can pick up tomorrow. Hard to be mad at a person who owns his mistakes and fixes them.

Back