How'd it go today?

bruce-lee-apprv.gif

I got to cut six dead ash covered in poison ivy from the bucket, total bomb fest loved it! Thank God I am not allergic to the stuff.

Well done to all the saluting branches volunteers!

Last four bags of mulch went today, before lunch time, I had three people after them! I have borrowed our storm damage sandbag filling stand to fill my bags...works pretty good, but that trashcan idea sounds better, get one as close to the size of my bags...
Looks like I'll be filling more soon, I'm rapped! (Aussie slang for really pleased)

Old buddy just up and left us hanging. I never would have thought he would. Thats what I get for thinking.

Sorry guys I was really upset at this situation. Old buddy Alan quit me. It was over miscommunication....lack there of. Instead of talking about a problem you have it is better to just pack up and leave he thought I guess. Sorry I just left y'all hanging like that, but I was beside myself. Really hurt me the way this ended.

Now its off to Ft. Benning GA with a different crew. I think we have about 30 or so large trees to take. New adventure. Thanks for all the kind words and good advice. Have a wonderful rest of your day guys.

No way I could work around the poison ivy like you blokes, it gets me bad...so does sap from parsnips, as I found out this summer!!

Dayum!

Compatible with larger than 1/2" rope that the Maasdam is limited, too. Maybe better on smoother braided ropes, too.

I hope 7/8 shaft will be beefy enough. Bored some holes for bushings. The spool is 4.5" long, I have a sinking feeling the rope won't grip. I spend $60cad to buy that aluminum 5" dia by 6" long, and all my machining!

20180920_155807.jpg

Wow! Turns out ‘The Friends of Porter Park’ came out to see what we were doing in the largest sycamore we’ve seen in this area. We assured them we were tree huggers like them. They told us this Sycamore tree was painted in 1893 or so by George Innes and the painting was in the National Gallery of London.
Then:
0428AFA0-BBD7-4467-AC3D-2AFC8D63B4E4.jpeg

Now:
7AE1E277-EA88-4FB8-8245-26F5C3CD8457.jpg
B2A16CB7-D609-4442-9CAB-7962324A6995.jpg

Cool project, Peter. That size drum should have plenty of grip as long as you can control the tailing end.

Don’t quote me on this Peter, but I think part of the grcs bollard is textured
You can quote me. It's textured, but the friction drum is smooth.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sErj1azPqQE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Can you engrave/etch some texture into it?

The bagged wood chip mulch is going strong for the moment...seven bags today!
Looking ahead, I foresee a slump once all those garden beds are covered...but in the meantime...coffee money!

Good on you for selling mulch Fi!

Pete, the texture on a GRCS is a very flat knurling almost an scribed diamond pattern. I would think a bead or shot blasting of the bollard would work.

Back