How'd it go today?

Kind of excited.

Headed to the state Capital tomorrow...provided that the flood waters are not too high.

Wife has some immigration stuff to take care of. Sort of short notice....Immigration gave us 5 days notice.

Anyway....I think this will be the first time that I have been an hour or two away from home for 5 or 6 months. I might be forgetting something....but it has been a long time.

Headed to the big lights! Probably stay the night in Great Falls, that way we are an hour and a half closer to home tomorrow.

All three kids are going to stay with the grandparents. That will be the first time we wont have our kids with us in two and a half years. Not really excited about that but my wife is.

I am going to find me a big assed prime rib somewhere.

Omg that was funny. Your freaking freezer is literally bursting at the gawt danged seams with fresh beef and your idea of a great nite out it to go get a big assed prime rib!!!

You rock, Mr. Inuit!!

You raise a fairly good point.

I would not even know where to start on a "big night out".

I suppose I could try and find an Indian band to sit in with. Not on a Monday.

Shit, you have me stumped!

Hmmm.....Great Falls has a dirt track and a baseball field. Probably no baseball this early.

Are you really inuit? Only one other forum I frequent and there is a B.A.I. there too. He’s a good guy, funny and has a way with words...

I would not even know where to start on a "big night out".

I suppose I could try and find an Indian band to sit in with.

Lordy I hardly ever drink but I think we could figure something out. The sitting in thing sounds like a great start.

First night without kids in how long? I?m sure you two will figure something out;). Just a suggestion, when we get the rare occasion, we go to bed early and sleep through the whole night.

And the zanfel is good stuff. I don’t seem to get the ivy poison but my wife looks at it and it’s the end of the world. We keep a few tubes at all times.

Chilling this weekend. Did a quick look at a hazard tree for an HOA. Hung out with some friends that have kids that are Dahlia's friends.

Secured some work. Have 4 bids to write that I haven't gotten to, yet. 1 written and emailed.

Hard to get to everything. My possibly office manager is at least postponed.

Jim, when you go to town, you are supposed to eat something you don't usually get at home.
Try some veggies:D

I went to the hospital today and got the splint off for good.
The physical therapist was amazed at how much strength I have already regained, working with my little jelly ball.
I could squeeze 30 pds with the hand. Now I just need to double that and have the bones knit completely together, then back to work.:)

Hi!!! :P

I fell into AR rifle land again for most of the long horrible winter. . . I missed you guys though. Sorry I haven't logged in for a few months.

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers!

Sam

Hi Butch, thanks Sean. Good to hear from ya.

Did I tell ya I repowered the 252 last fall? Pulled it out of the garage for the first time last week. . . had to drag the four wheeler into the shop to get it ready for the season. We're all going stir crazy up here. lol

22751998_1514449421924327_1700769703_n.jpg

I know, it's on my list. I'd lost my will to mask things off by the time I got to the chute. . .

Maybe next weekend duty I'll straighten that out. . .

Had her out last weekend gobbling up spruce.

30261948_1677358798966721_6804190424157126656_n.jpg

30227047_1677359472299987_6810697840776445952_n.jpg

Good to read you again Sam. It’s been a while.

Went and flopped two dead ash first thing this morning and headed off to the job for the day. Got the bucket setup and was just finishing off the last of the small stuff and set up the rigging when it died. After a few attempts to restart it I pulled my gear up and bailed out. Finally got it restarted and folded up at 11:00. Been pissing down rain since then as well. Wet and extremely agitated now, I’m gonna eat and go finish this tree while trying not to be to grumpy.

Hi Gary, Stig, Rich!

Man, you guys are awesome.

I have nothing to report I'm afraid. Life continues as the administrator of a non-profit/batman arborist. I had some good chances last fall to work with some of the local tree companies on contract. One of them would have, I think, really liked me to come with them for good. I feel like I'm too old and too dug-in to make big changes. . .

Anyways, I started doing a lot of shooting once the phone stopped ringing, and then with the latest round of gun-control, that inevitably led me to stockpiling arms/ammo, and re-familiarizing myself with the current state of the AR platform rifle. I bought the tools and assembled a few, as well as picking up some Colt factory offerings. I felt like a scumbag not putting on my saddle for almost three months. The weather was bad, the winter was long and cold, and I just couldn't. I'd lost my will to fumble with carabiners in the snow. . . It was the wind. Anyhow, I did a lot of skiing instead. Cross Country was really fast and agreeable all winter. I worked out some entertaining trails and made the most of it. It was weird not having a dog with me, but on the whole a slight ratcheting down of the responsibilities in my life was kind of nice.

That being said, I'm kind of passively looking for pups now.

We're gearing up and hiring staff for the summer season. I've hired five new faces with a couple more still to go. Figure we'll cast a wide net. . . Seasonal staff will be back in force over the next month.

I'm making passable money and trying not to worry too much about things I can't control, so I'm sure as are we all. . .

Anyways, missed you guys, glad to be back. Got a MONSTER white pine to tackle tomorrow. She'll be 42" across and probably the biggest one I've ever worked on.

31297927_1693608767341724_4157192123898134528_n.jpg

Cheers,

Back